Authored byDragonBear Studios
Authored onMonday, 24 January, 2022 - 10:14 AM
DragonBear Studios are looking for a Mid level QA tester for 10 months, remote, with the possibility of extension.
- About DragonBear Studios:
We're a Melbourne based collective of diverse, queer, and Indigenous storytellers bringing our meaningful tales to you through play. Our studio culture is playful, supportive and kind, and full of diverse and highly creative game makers. Crunch ice-cream, not people.
We are currently developing our adorably cute flagship game, Innchanted. See more at Innchanted
What you will be doing with us includes:
- Collaborating with a team of Developers, Designers, a producer, the directors and other stakeholders.
- Performing frequent functional testing on features and candidate release builds for our game, to ensure that they adhere to our acceptance criteria and feel great to play.
- Providing feedback around design, art, programming, or whichever parts of projects you feel comfortable commenting on, to drive games to a higher level of quality
- Creating test plans, recording test executions, process documentation and other such reports to improve technical standards across the game.
- Bug reporting, prioritisation and help define and follow the bug life-cycle.
- Conducting or organising user acceptance tests & Beta tests
- Drive improvement to our external and internal QA processes
- Question and seek information from peers.
- Articulate bug details, concepts and ideas in a clear and unambiguous way.
- Advocate for our players’ experience, contributing directly to their enjoyment of our games.
- Confidently managing your time
- Ability to work in both an individual and team environment
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in text with local and remote DragonBear staff, contractors, and partner representatives.
- Liaising and coordinating with external testing teams.
- End of day reporting on the status of bugs/features and/or the build.
- Demonstrate capability and high-quality work.
- Actively participate in team discussions, creative meetings, contributing viable ideas.
- Constructively contribute to team culture through positive attitude.
- Check own work for quality and accuracy.
- Most importantly, help create an awesome game!
- 3+ years of experience in a game/QA role
- Understanding of PC / console games and the industry as a whole.
- Experience with full game development cycle
- High level of rigour, and attention to detail
- Experience with QA assurance frameworks and processes
- Experience carrying out a variety of QA reports and bug tracking software
- Intermediate understanding of networking setup and hardware, as well as how its principles and components apply to modern console, PC, and mobile gaming / functionality
- Excellent written and verbal communication (needs to be able to communicate bugs – how did you find them? What exact steps are needed to make it happen again?)
- Experience testing in Agile Games Development
- 2+ shipped PC/Console Commercial Titles
- Multiplayer Game Experience
- Experience in Jira, Confluence and/or Unity
- Experience using OBS, and video capturing
Email email@example.com with a cover letter, CV, and portfolio links, and your location/timezone.
The successful candidate will need to work remote (within Australia preferably) or onsite in our CBD Melbourne office.