Authored byChaos Theory Games
Authored onWednesday, 16 February, 2022 - 8:31 AM
We're looking for a Quality Assurance tester to join our team based in Chippendale, Sydney. This is a part-time position (3 or 4 days / week) starting in March 2022, and is suitable for recent graduates or someone new to the industry.
This position will see you working alongside the creative and development teams to test our games, and ensuring we are delivering work to the highest quality. We have 2 Quality Assurance team members that you will be working alongside. Our work has a particular focus on games for change, serious games, and mobile games.
We are currently working a mix of in-office and remotely, but plan to return to predominantly face-to-face work in the near future. We are open to remote applications, but have a preference for applicants based in Sydney or willing to relocate.
Why Chaos Theory
- A role that works with your lifestyle: flexible working hours, a mix of work-from-office and work-from home, a centrally-based office.
- Create games with impact, go beyond entertainment. We are working on projects to improve primary school education, improve the lives of sufferers with chronic illnesses, educate the next-generation of internet users, and more.
- Winner of Serious Game of The Year 2019 and 2021 at the Australian Game Developer Awards.
- Strong company community with regular board / video game nights, games club (like book club, but games!), workshops and mentoring opportunities, Friday lunches, 1-on-1 feedback sessions every fortnight, quarterly goal setting, bi-annual performance check-ins, and other events.
- We've planted over 1,500 trees and are 100% renewable-powered on our quest to become a net-zero company (well before 2030).
- We offer an open and inclusive work environment and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide embedded support for the development team to help fulfil the requirements for multiple projects.
- Recreate bugs and provide accurate and succinct information to assist with fixing problems.
- Routinely test games with a consistent and exhaustive process to identify issues.
- Profile game performance and identify bottlenecks.
- Review user feedback and crash reports.
- Provide feedback, suggestions, and improvements to assist with the design of the games.
- Provide assistance to the QA Manager and Producers.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience in a professional QA role is highly regarded.
- Experience with Unity. You are familiar enough to test Editor tools, profile for performance, and create builds.
- Prior experience in a software development environment. You are comfortable using Git, creating builds from branches, and you are comfortable working with project management software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- A love for games!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've temporarily transitioned to a work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. For the safety of staff and applicants, all interview stages will take place via video conference calls.