Authored byWeta Workshop
Authored onWednesday, 6 April, 2022 - 9:08 AM
- Help us develop breath-taking games across a variety of platforms within Wētā Workshop’s Interactive division.
- Fun, collaborative team that looks out for each other.
- Full-time role with flexible work-life balance arrangements
Specialists in creating rich worlds of wonder and telling immersive stories. For over 30 years, Wētā Workshop has been pushing the boundaries, earning multiple awards for our ground-breaking work in film and games. Based in Wellington, NZ we work with the biggest names in the entertainment industry to deliver unforgettable experiences to our fans the world over.
We’re looking for a superstar UI Artist to join our Interactive team to help bring our game’s UI to life! You will be responsible for creating high quality graphics and animations that complement the users experience of the game. Bridging the gap between UX Design and Art, you will create, implement, and iterate upon UI systems that help players understand complex game features.
What will you be doing?
- Reporting to the Lead UX Designer, you will collaborate with Designers and Artists to understand the intended UI design and UI art direction of the game
- Create compelling and visually pleasing game ready UI assets that meet the needs of game users
- Work across multiple art styles depending on the tasks at hand
- Be the owner and creator of Unity scenes and prefabs for game UI
- Ensure best practices are in play to support the creation of well optimised UI
- Establish effective working relationships within the team
What we’re looking for from you
- Professional experience implementing/building UIs in Unity
- Strong understanding of UI design principles
- Photoshop/Illustrator experience at a professional level
- Ability to maintain a consistent artistic standard across the entire interface of a game
- Experience working within a cross-disciplinary team
- Understanding and ability to work within time and technical constraints
- C# scripting experience is a bonus
What we can offer you
- Flexible working arrangements so you can work in a way that’s best for you and create a work-life balance.
- Our studio is dog friendly, so feel free to bring them along. We can assure you they’ll get lots of pats to keep them happy.
We’re a fun, collaborative team, who look out for and support one another. As a creative business, we know that inspiration is achieved by working with people who have a range of experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where our team members feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. After all, games are for everyone.
Sound like you? Applications will close Wednesday May 4th so please follow the related link below and “Apply now!”
To find out more contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the right to live and work in NZ to apply for this job.
Successful applicants require a satisfactory Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions check