Authored byWeta Workshop
Authored onWednesday, 11 May, 2022 - 11:46 AM
- Help us develop breath-taking games across a variety of platforms within Wētā Workshop’s Interactive division.
- Fun, collaborative team that looks out for each other.
- Full-time role with flexible work-life balance arrangements.
Specialists in creating rich worlds of wonder and telling immersive stories. For over 30 years, Wētā Workshop has been pushing the boundaries, earning multiple awards for our ground-breaking work in film and games. Based in Wellington, NZ we work with the biggest names in the entertainment industry to deliver unforgettable experiences to our fans the world over.
We’re looking for a talented Game Designer to join our Interactive crew! You will be involved in detailed content creation while continuously thinking about the overall experience to ensure it is clear, accessible, and enjoyable.
A strong portfolio that shows understanding of game design principles is a must for this role and should be conveyed in previous title you have worked on.
What will you be doing?
- Contributing to all aspects of design which includes conceptual design, continued iteration, and the development of our games here at Interactive
- Create and refine clear design documentation to help guide cross-discipline groups towards a shared product vision and including any documentation for systems of mechanics
- Work with other team members to create and design meaningful content involving but not limited to items, quests, and NPCs
- Work effectively with the Lead Designer, Producers, and any other key leads to determine project design specifications and to ensure successful, on-time delivery
- Utilize team feedback, data analysis, and user research feedback into clear actionable changes to improve all processes
- Engage in playtesting with internal and external testers and utilize feedback to further improve designs
What we’re looking for from you
- Understanding of gameplay mechanics and game design across a wide variety of genres.
- Knowledge of the games industry including trends, mechanics, and genres with at least one shipped commercial title
- Background in Unity development and confidence in prototype-level programming in C#.
- Portfolio demonstrating a good understanding of the principles of game design.
- Experience developing PC or console games
- Experience and a passion for Life Simulation, RPG, or Narrative games a plus
- Knowledge of production tools such as Git, Jira, Lucid, Confluence a plus.
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to join Wētā Workshop’s Interactive division at a time of incredibly exciting growth.
- Flexible working arrangements so you can work in a way that’s best for you.
- Investment into your future growth and career development.
- Multiple exciting game projects on the horizon where you will be able to stretch your design legs.
- Our studio is dog friendly, so feel free to bring them along.
We’re a fun, collaborative team, who look out for and support one another. As a creative business, we know that inspiration is achieved by working with people who have a range of experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where our team members feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. After all, games are for everyone.
Sound like you? Applications will close Monday 23rd May 5pm so please follow the related link below and “Apply now!”
To find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the right to live and work in NZ to apply for this job.
Successful applicants require a satisfactory Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions check