Authored byWeta Workshop
Authored onWednesday, 4 May, 2022 - 9:56 AM
- Help us develop breath-taking games across a variety of platforms within Wētā Workshop’s Interactive division.
- Fun, collaborative team that looks out for each other.
- Full-time role with flexible work-life balance arrangements.
Specialists in creating rich worlds of wonder and telling immersive stories. For over 30 years, Wētā Workshop has been pushing the boundaries, earning multiple awards for our ground-breaking work in film and games. Based in Wellington, NZ we work with the biggest names in the entertainment industry to deliver unforgettable experiences to our fans the world over.
Due to internal promotion, we’re looking for an experienced Game Programmer to join Interactive’s leadership team. As the Lead Game Programmer, you will be working with our Principal Programmer to guide our team of Programmers and build delightful games that captivate our fans.
Your primary focus will be to ensure your team has what they need to succeed. In collaboration with other disciplines, you will help the team to design, architect and maintain engaging and compelling systems and features.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure the Game Programming team runs effectively and smoothly through defining effective processes and implementing best practices
- Carry out regular 1:1’s with the programming team and ensure the correct hiring and progression plans are in place
- Work with other department leads to define project goals.
- Understand programming capacity and capabilities, to develop and maintain a programming schedule that has a fair workload, delivers requirements on time, and works with other department dependencies.
- Leading the development of core game features and building robust game systems code, as required.
- Provide programming expertise, mentoring for junior employees and contribution to the development of our games.
What we’re looking for from you
- At least 5+ years’ experience working as a Game Programmer.
- A strong or developing mentor and coach with great communication skills, and the ability to quickly establish rapport with team members.
- Leadership experience or looking to grow into a leadership role with interest in developing long term strategy for technical teams
- Professional understanding of the game development cycle and programming tasks required to deliver a shipped game, while using agile methodologies
- Professional knowledge of C# and Unity, and solid grasp of software design principles.
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to stretch your legs in a leadership position and join Wētā Workshop’s Interactive division at a time of incredibly exciting growth.
- Flexible working arrangements so you can work in a way that’s best for you.
- Investment into your future growth and career development.
- Multiple exciting game projects on the horizon.
- Our studio is dog friendly, so feel free to bring them along.
We’re a fun, collaborative team, who look out for and support one another. As a creative business, we know that inspiration is achieved by working with people who have a range of experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where our team members feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. After all, games are for everyone.
Sound like you? Applications will close Wednesday 18th May so please follow the related link below and “Apply now!”
To find out more contact email@example.com
You must have the right to live and work in NZ to apply for this job.
Successful applicants require a satisfactory Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions check