Authored byGrease Monkey Games
Authored onTuesday, 28 June, 2022 - 2:52 PM
Grease Monkey Games is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our team full-time to help craft incredible player experiences in our motorsport games!
As a Quality Assurance Manager you are passionate about the player, and have a strong empathy for their experience. You understand the ins and outs of video game development and how games tick, you have a keen eye for detail that assists you in testing, breaking, problem solving and improving a video game experience. Leading a growing team, you will be hands-on in-engine and working with each department to ensure that the end user experience is of the highest possible quality, as well ensuring new features are functioning to specification.
In this role you will have the opportunity to build a robust department and define ideal processes to get the job done.
Working onsite in our beautiful new studio in Brunswick, Melbourne is preferable, although we will consider interstate or international applicants based on the candidate.
Note: This position involves working on a new and innovative blockchain / NFT title. Our team is more than happy to answer any questions regarding this during the interview stage.
Before applying for this position, please take a moment to check out our current Torque Drift and Torque Drift 2 social media channels and check out TorqueMotorsport.io to get a sense of what we’re all about!Torque Drift 2 Trailer:https://youtu.be/TdmsehkHgIg
Torque Drift 1 DevLog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj6lRksJG_8
Torque Burnout Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ggJZcCmigM
- Working with various members of our team to reproduce, and resolve issues within our mobile and PC games.
- Lead the way in defining robust processes and solutions to testing within the company.
- Building reports with up to date performance and stability metrics to present to key stakeholders.
- Ensuring that builds and updates of our games are released with minimal issues.
- Coach and manage multiple junior testers.
- Interview and hire for additional QA staff.
- Work with the production team to advocate for quality fixes and improvements during planning / scheduling exercises.
- Work with the player support team and player community managers to gauge player sentiment towards quality issues.
- Collecting and analysing data to assist in finding performance issues.
- Writing detailed and comprehensive bug reports in Jira to allow developers to find and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- 3+ Years of experience in a quality assurance role within the games industry.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Great delegation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A solid understanding of Apple and Google submission standards and processes.
- Experience managing a quality assurance team.
- Experience with Unity and Unreal Engine game engines
- Experience building, maintaining and executing an automated integration test suite to raise issues as early and seamlessly as possible, using either commercial or homegrown tools..
- Experience working in a Scrum environment.
- Worked as a programmer in a previous role.
- Worked in another role within the game development industry.
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence.
Negotiable based on experience.
How to Apply
To apply please contact Jobs@GreaseMonkeyGames.com with ‘Quality Assurance Manager’ in the subject with an intro and resume.
About Grease Monkey Games
Grease Monkey Games (Formerly League Of Monkeys) was established in 2013 and consists of over 20 talented artists, developers, designers, UI / UX and producers based in our Brunswick studio in Melbourne.
Founder and CEO Arran Potter has a rich heritage of experience in creating visual effects and video games, working on high profile commercials and films dating back to the early 2000s. After moving from a contract based company to solely developing original IP games in 2014, our games have been downloaded more than 45 Million times from people all over the world.
We are excited to be part of Animoca Brands, the leader in digital entertainment, blockchain, and gamification.
We’re always striving to create the best workplace for our employees possible including:
- Flexible work location.
- Flexible work start and end times.
- Friday night drinks and events with other video game studios.
- Company organised ‘Learn to drift’ days and trips to the snow.
- Dog friendly studio!
Inclusive and creative environment where everyone gets a say. (No matter your experience level or department)