Authored byNot Doppler
Authored onTuesday, 28 June, 2022 - 2:41 PM
Not Doppler is seeking an experienced Systems Designer to join our team. The role will be initially focused on a new spin-off title in our Earn to Die series. Previous titles in the Earn to Die series have generated in excess of 150m downloads, and we have big ambitions for our new spinoff title.
Whilst our studio is based in Sydney, Australia – this role is open to candidates both in Sydney, or globally remote within a 4-hour timezone-difference of Sydney. If relocation is of interest, we are also happy to offer relocation assistance.
About Not Doppler:
Originally founded as a web games portal; in recent years we have shifted our focus to become mobile-first, publishing games such as the Earn to Die series and producing Tap Tap Dash.
In 2017 we launched our first in-house developed game Crash of Cars, which has generated over 55 million downloads to-date. We have a strong focus on developing and publishing original IP for mobile, with new projects in the pipeline.
For more information about Not Doppler, please visit our studio website:
We’re looking for a Systems Designer to assist with the development of a new mobile spinoff title in our Earn to Die series.
Key duties for this role include:
- Working with a multi-disciplinary team to design, iterate and execute systems and metagame features from concept to delivery
- Collaborate with the Product and Design teams on the design and implementation of LiveOps features and events
- Articulate concepts in a clear and unambiguous way through verbal and written communication
- Work creatively to prototype important mechanics and be receptive to feedback from user testing, team members and stakeholders
- Create clear design documentation for multiple disciplines with the ability to iterate on material.
- Dive into core systems and balance with an understanding and respect for the player's experience while keeping the project goals and shared creative vision in mind
We are seeking candidates with:
- At least one shipped title
- A strong understanding of the mobile market, and in particular, free-to-play games
- Critical thinking skills and a strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with a multi-disciplinary team
- Competency with Word and Excel
- A passion for games and in particular the mobile gaming space
- A high level of motivation to develop fun, high-quality mobile games
Bonus skills, but not required:
- Expertise with Unity or other game engines
- Experience with GitHub or similar version control software
- Adequate math skills (such as probability and statistics) for game development
If you would like to apply for this full-time role, please email a copy of your resume and portfolio to jobs [at] notdoppler.com. We’d also love to hear what your favourite mobile game is, and why?
At Not Doppler we are striving to create an open and inclusive workplace environment for our growing team, and encourage all eligible candidates to apply.
Applications close once position is filled