Authored byFin Design + Effects
Authored onWednesday, 27 July, 2022 - 5:05 PM
Fin Design + Effects is currently looking for a Front of house coordinator. This is a great opportunity to join a distinguished team of animation and VFX artists who have produced a great variety of interesting work including Elvis, Thor: Love and Thunder, Three Thousand Years of Longing, Shang Chi and the Legend of Ten Rings, Lost in Space, and I Am Mother.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Sydney’s best independent VFX studios as Front of house coordinator. We are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter with loads of initiative and confidence to coordinate and lead the front of house team. Your role will be to guarantee that our staff, clients and guests are well looked after, the studio is stocked and maintained, and coordinate a small team of office runners.
- Opening and closing the studio following security protocol
- Greeting all staff and guests warmly on arrival
- Attending telephone calls, general enquiries
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail as well as couriers in a timely manner
- Booking transport and accommodation
- Client services including providing lunch and barista services
- Supporting colleagues and staff during busy periods, including taking lunch orders, serving meals and clearing tables
- Keeping the kitchens stocked and clean throughout the day
- Ordering office supplies
- Petty cash handling
- Assisting accounts department with processing receipts and invoices
- Attending to general staff’s needs
- Tracking staff leave on a daily basis
- Supervising a team of three production runners.
- Schedule work rosters for the front of house team, ensuring the correct level of staffing is achieved to meet the needs of client services.
- Monitoring staff performance and giving feedback where necessary
- Training new runners so they meet high quality standards
- Assisting with events
Location & commitments
- Permanent, full-time role based in Surry Hills in Sydney
- 40-hour work week (9am-6pm incl. 1 hour lunch break)
- Occasional overtime and holiday work
- Experience working in an office environment
- Experience working in a client facing role
- Self sufficient and mature in decision making skills
- Passionate about film and visual effects
- Knowledge of design and film production
Please submit your interests via our website https://www.findesign.com.au/recruit/?bzid=cd4ec1608e20