Authored byWicked Witch
Authored onTuesday, 19 July, 2022 - 9:17 AM
Fresh from our recent acquisition by Keywords Australia, we are scouring the skies across Australia and beyond for the most talented developers to join us!
At Wicked Witch you’ll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity in people and games, whilst working on some of the highest profile Console and PC titles in the world.
As part of our expansion, we are looking for a talented and well-rounded Senior Game Designer who is passionate and knowledgeable over a diverse range of game genres and platforms. You’ll join a multidisciplinary production team and work with multiple game development teams to craft exceptional ideas and concise design documentation. You’ll be a proven professional in your field, with the ability to guide a product along the development process and provide vision to all members of the team.
As a Senior Game Designer, you’ll need to share knowledge from your specialised field and provide mentorship to other designers while drawing upon a versatile and multifaceted game design skill set. You will also be responsible for communicating all things game design between production, producers, game designers, programmers, artists and testers.
We are an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and welcomes candidates from all of society. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all Wicked Witchers.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a Mid or Senior Designer in the video game industry in medium/larger teams on high quality PC or console titles.
- Proven track record of shipped titles both internal and external to measured success.
- Excellent verbal communication with both internal and external parties.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills with the ability to create well written / presented design documents that convey information very concisely and succinctly.
- Mastery of core design principles. All-round design skills, that cover all the bases with one or more area of deep expertise.
- Autonomous behaviour and execution of tasks in previous job role
- Experience and knowledge of console and PC game development and live ops.
- The ability to think both logically and creatively whilst being well organised.
- A passion for and be deeply knowledgeable about games across multiple genres and platforms.
- Strong collaboration skills and can naturally work with and relate to Producers, Programmers, Artists, QA, and of course, Designers.
- The experience to understand why an idea will or won't work, and how to design around it.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working proactively with high level goals from the Lead Designer.
- Working with project stakeholders to help define and bring clarity to the product vision of our games.
- Contributing and gathering ideas from the team, ensuring that designs follow the product vision.
- Designing and documenting complex game systems that communicate concepts concisely and with clarity.
- Communicating game features with the team and clients, taking feedback onboard, to ensure game features are fully understood and backed by all stakeholders.
- Working within a brief but also putting forward creative and high-quality ideas.
- Taking a holistic approach to feature scope, quality, and delivery considering the vision, time and resource constraints to reach an optimal result.
- Ensuring game design documentation is always up to date as changes evolve during the development cycle.
- Demonstrating best practices in game design for the production group and game teams.
- Mentoring game designers on the team.
- Maintaining and sharing an exceptional knowledge of games across a wide variety of genres and platforms.
- Constant research & interpretation of latest trends in game design. Providing recommendations to Lead Designer.
- Helping to shape the structure, processes and integration of the design team across the studio
- Helping to reinforce great teamwork and amazing studio culture.
As a Bonus you would have:
- Worked on ‘AAA’ games.
- Unreal Engine world creation knowledge.
- Blueprint skills.
- Knowledge of scripting languages used by designers.
- Competitive Market Rate Remuneration
- Genuine flexible working
- Best of Both Worlds - Perks of a global business with the intimacy of a small business
- And the best part – you get to be part of the next generation of game developers and learn from some of the best in the industry
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity.
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia (we are not able to sponsor working visas)