Authored byGrease Monkey Games
Authored onMonday, 22 August, 2022 - 12:10 PM
Grease Monkey Games is looking for multiple experienced 3D artists with skills relating to hard surface modeling and texturing (cars, parts and props) to work on our exciting new blockchain Motorsport project! We have multiple roles available working onsite in our beautiful new studio in Brunswick Victoria.
Working onsite in our beautiful new studio in Brunswick, Melbourne is preferable, although we will consider interstate/offsite applicants based on the candidate.
Note: that this position is for a new and innovative blockchain / NFT title. Our team is more than happy to answer any questions regarding this during the interview stage.
Before applying for this position, please take a moment to check out our current Torque Drift social media channels and have a play of Torque Drift on the app store or on PC to see what we’re all about!
- Work with the department leads to create high quality vehicles and environment props in Blender.
- Unwrap and texture assets as per project asset specs.
- Import and setup assets within the game engine to meet project asset specs.
- Collect reference to ensure asset accuracy.
- Present progress to the wider group for feedback.
- Collaborate with a small but high performing team to deliver the art vision and drive the visual quality of the game
- Working closely with our Product Owner, Game Designers and Programmers to maintain the art production workflow and pipeline
- Build tools and processes with an emphasis on user experience, quality and efficiency.
- Problem solve, add new ideas, new techniques and work with innovative tech to build an outstanding game.
- Experience working with Blender as your main modeling package.
- Experience working with Substance painter and/or designer.
- Proven ability to reproduce hard surface objects to a high standard and accuracy.
- Efficient at planning and managing your day to execute work in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving ability and can identify solutions without guidance
- A team player mentality with a good getter attitude
- Ability to manage and mentor a team
- Background working in a different creative field.
- Substance Designer experience.
- Shader creation experience.
- Experience working in large teams.
- Experience working in a distributed/offsite team environment.
- Previous experience working in another role within video game development.
- Passionate about motorsports and/or gaming.
- Knowledge of UE4 .
Negotiable based on experience.
To apply please contact Jobs@GreaseMonkeyGames.com with “3D Artist - Hard Surface ” in the subject with an intro and resume (including portfolio)