Authored byGrease Monkey Games
Authored onWednesday, 17 August, 2022 - 4:07 PM
Grease Monkey Games is looking for a junior UI/UX designer to join our team full time to help create incredible player experiences in our motorsport games!
As our UI / UX designer you are passionate about the player and have a strong empathy for their experience. You understand that the UI is the player’s gateway into the game world and all it can offer, and you have the skills, talent, creativity and breadth of experience to ensure that they are enabled to both enjoy the game in all its forms while being drawn to monetisation opportunities for the business.
Working onsite in our beautiful new studio in Brunswick, Melbourne is preferable, although we will consider interstate or international applicants based on the candidate.
Note: This position is for a new and innovative blockchain / NFT title. Our team is more than happy to answer any questions regarding this during the interview stage.
Before applying for this position, please take a moment to check out our current Torque Drift social media channels and have a play of Torque Drift on the app store or on PC to see what we’re all about!
Summary of what the person will do in the role.
- Working closely with the Design and development team.
- Create Prototypes and documentation
- Maintain and adhere to an existing visual design system
- Collaborate closely with the UI/UX team to gather requirements, explore creative directions to produce prototypes, iterate and test.
- Foundational understanding of modern interaction design practices
- Help contribute towards established design strategy through simple and elegant designs
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, HCI, or demonstrated proficiency in the field of user experience
- Strong visual design and motion graphics skills to make UI elements for the game
- Proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma or similar programs
- Passion for video games and improving user experiences
- Understanding of UX methodologies & tools to support visual design solutions.
- A strong awareness of current design and art trends.
- Mobile UI, Console or PC experience
- Familiarity with Unity and Unreal game engines
- Experience with and/or a deep understanding of Blockchain technology
How to Apply
To apply please contact Jobs@GreaseMonkeyGames.com with "UI/UX Designer" in the subject with an intro and resume.