Authored byWicked Witch
Authored onFriday, 5 August, 2022 - 3:38 PM
Fresh from our recent acquisition by Keywords Studios Australia, we are scouring the skies across Australia and beyond for the most talented Producer to join us!
At Wicked Witch you’ll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity in people and games, whilst working on some of the highest profile Console and PC titles in the world. With almost 20 years of game dev experience, we have releases on all major platforms.
As part of our expansion, we are looking for a talented and well-rounded Producer who is passionate and knowledgeable over a diverse range of game genres and platforms. You’ll join a multidisciplinary production team and work with a game development team to realise exceptional implementations of our products
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Project Leader to lead the content development and execution of a game project.
- Support the Project Leader in liaising with the Publisher to provide updates, walk throughs, and communicate both Publisher and Development team feedback.
- Maintaining and enhancing publisher relationships at an Producer level.
- Working with the Project Manager and Project Leader to ensure a project is delivered to the publisher’s specification, at an excellent quality level on time and on budget.
- Working with the Project Leader, Project Manager and Game Designer/s to define, prioritize, and align key game features with key project stakeholders including the Publisher and Development team.
- Working with the Project Leader and Project Manager to prioritize project features and refactor them where required to assist the Project Manager in developing and maintaining a viable project schedule and development plan.
- Clearly communicate the Project vision and monitor feature functionality with members of the Development team and elevate areas of concern.
- Attending and contributing towards sprint planning meetings.
- Working with the QA Lead and Project Manager to help define a test plan and ensure quality standards are met.
- Assist the Producer in the daily management of the project team where appropriate.
- Encouraging and incorporating all team members’ opinions but ultimately leading decision-making process with the Project Leader on the project.
- Building and maintaining an expert knowledge of games and platforms, especially in the genre of the project.
As a successful candidate you would have:
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to naturally work with and relate to development Managers, Designers, Programmers, Artists & QA.
- Strong organizational, time management and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A well-balanced team player with an emotional maturity that is solution orientated. An accomplished mediator and resolver of conflicts.
- The ability to communicate clearly to the team and publishing representatives
- An understanding of the game development process and pipeline.
- A good knowledge of Agile development methodologies.
- Proven experience as an Producer or other leadership role in game development.
- An excellent understanding and passion for all things games!
As a Bonus you would have:
- 5+ years' games software development (or similar industry) experience.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Unreal, and / or Unity.
- Worked on previous AAA games.
- Competitive Market Rate Remuneration
- Genuine flexible working
- Best of Both Worlds - Perks of a global business with the intimacy of a small business
- And the best part – you get to be part of the next generation of game developers and learn from some of the best in the industry
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive, supports flexibility, and welcomes diversity.
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia (we are not able to sponsor working visas)