Authored byThings For Humans
Authored onWednesday, 10 August, 2022 - 4:54 PM
COMPANY: Things For Humans
JOB TITLE: Puzzle Level Designer
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Fixed Term
REMUNERATION: $60,000 - $70,000 AUD plus Superannuation
LOCATION: ACMI X, Southbank (Victoria, Australia) **Please note that we are unable to accept applications from outside Australia.**
RELOCATION AVAILABLE: No
ABOUT THINGS FOR HUMANS:
Things For Humans is a pop-music game studio based in Melbourne. In 2021 we released the award-winning title Video World on PC and Nintendo Switch, and are currently working on our second commercial title. We have received substantial development funding and are seeking a passionate and professional collaborator for the project!
Our current project is A Halloween Valentine - a 3D puzzle adventure pop-album set in a haunted amusement park on Valentine's Day. We are aiming for a puzzle style that lies between Portal and the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The game is scoped for a 2-year development cycle.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK FOR US!
We have a full salaried 4-day work week (i.e. paid at full-time wages still with 4 weeks annual leave per annum, but only 30.4 hours of work a week!), we approach game development as a structured, healthy, and safe professional passion, and work in a gorgeous co-working space (ACMI X) among other screen-industry folks. We are open to part-time and other flexible working conditions and heavily encourage creativity and growth.
We heavily encourage everyone with interest to apply - even if you don't think you meet the requirements! We care about creativity, collaboration, and continued growth.
- Concepting puzzle level designs
- Blocking out puzzle level designs in Unity
- Using level design tools in Unity
- Collaborating with Creative Director on puzzle level designs
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Game Design, Design, Architecture, or another relevant field.
- Professional experience in level design
- Experience working in a team
- Experience using Unity
- Please note that this is NOT a junior/grad position
- Experience in designing logic puzzles
- Experience working on console titles - in particular the Switch
- Advanced level design skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Excellent ability to motivate self and manage own time
HOW TO APPLY: Please email a short cover letter (1 page or less), resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, addressed to Jacob Leaney with the subject ‘Level Designer Application’.