Authored byArcade Oven
Authored onTuesday, 15 November, 2022 - 2:21 PM
Hey! We’re Arcade Oven and are currently looking for an Australia-based 3D Artist / Generalist to join our Team.
We are the developers of Hotel Magnate, a Hotel & Resort Tycoon Game. We’re a small team that mostly works remotely with members from all over the world. We are looking for an experienced 3D Artist / Generalist to help us create more furniture / prop art for Hotel Magnate.
Sydney-based applicants are preferred but we will definitely consider the ability to work remotely from elsewhere. However, we can only accept applications from candidates who are based in Australia.
The position is contract-based with at least a 6-month duration with the opportunity for an extension if the project requires it. We are looking to fill the position at full-time hours but we are very flexible with work hours/days if needed.
What You’ll be doing
- Creating furniture, prop & environment models according to our art style guide
- Creating and setting up textures & materials for these models
- Working closely with our other artists to create game-ready assets and ideally implement them yourself
- Potentially, if this falls within your skill set:
- Wall & floor textures
- Minor VFX (Raindrops, Water Splashing, etc.)
What we are looking for
- Attention to detail: being diligent and reliable in your ability to identify / avoid potential problems with your 3D assets, such as edge flow, wrong materials, scaling and naming conventions.
- A portfolio which demonstrates skill in low-poly art.
- Experience with making 3D assets and working in a team.
- Initiative and good online communication skills.
- Flexibility with work hours to accommodate meetings with international team members.
- An Australian resident with working rights.
- We are also open to bringing on a more junior artist/student in a shorter-term or part-time role
- Bonus: If you have knowledge with working in Unity / Blender.
Remuneration/Payment is flexible and will be determined during contracting depending on hours/experience etc.
Our requirements are quite flexible so if you don’t meet all of the above points don’t hesitate to apply! Nobody is perfect – we know we certainly aren’t
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your application please include your resume and cover letter. Please include links to work/uni/hobby projects you have worked on.