Authored byTantalus Media
Authored onFriday, 11 November, 2022 - 7:27 PM
Mighty Games is head quartered in Fitzroy, Melbourne. Founded in 2013, you may know us from our games Piffle, Shooty Skies (and Overdrive), Disney Crossy Road, and Questy Quests. We form part of the Keywords Studios Australia group which includes Wicked Witch and Tantalus Media. Here at Mighty Games we are known for our automated AI build and test bots, and currently lean towards mobile games. Together we aspire to be the ‘go to’ technical services provider in the gaming industry.
Keywords Studios was founded in Dublin, Ireland in the mid-nineties, and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. Currently we are over 70 studios around the world with 11,000+ passionate, and highly skilled employees. Being part of the Keywords Studios family provides us with access to the largest publishers and AAA titles with global backing and peace of mind.
What do we offer?
- Diverse range of genres and challenging projects
- Opportunity to work on AAA titles
- Flexible and hybrid model of work
- Work with some of the most experienced, passionate, supportive professionals in Australia
Mighty Games are currently recruiting for an experienced AI Programmer in the gaming environment to work with Jenny, Jade, Matt, Joe and the broader Mighty Games crew.
The role of AI Programmer at Mighty Build and Test is a technical role with some client facing responsibilities. You'll split your time between troubleshooting with clients and actually writing code. Below are some of the tasks you'll undertake:
- Developing AI to automate testing; in other words: teach robots how to play games. This is a combination of using our testbot scripting language and c#/unity.
- Interacting with clients, troubleshooting issues with builds or bots.
- Automating the build process in its entirety for mobile, PC, console and VR platforms.
- Exposure to console, mobile, desktop, VR/AR projects; basically if you can ship a game on it, you will be exposed to it.
Minimum requirements to be considered for this role
- Minimum two years' experience in a similar role (non-gaming experience considered).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and is comfortable providing support to clients.
- You'll be working on a variety of client projects and codebases, so we are looking for someone with the ability to learn and adapt to change.
- Demonstrated experience with the Unity Engine and using C# is essential.
- Ability to self-manage and work independently in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
Desirable but not essential
- Degree qualified in a related discipline
- Project management accreditation
- Competitive Market Rate Remuneration
- We offer Full-time or Part-time working, Flexible working options and Remote working
- Best of both worlds - Perks of a global business with the intimacy of a small business
- And the best part – you get to be part of the next generation of developers and learn from some of the best in the industry
We pride ourselves on having a diverse and inclusive workplace, as different perspectives and ideas will deliver our long-term success.
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.