Summerfall Studios is looking for a Social Content Specialist, focused on TikTok, who is eager to grow and gain experience in a studio environment, working and training under an experienced games marketer. This role is open to both experienced creators and entry-level social media specialists.
You will be managing and building Summerfall Studios’ TikTok audience. You'll support our growth on Tiktok from the ground up - working alongside the Marketing Director to build the channel, manage the branding, and begin posting.
You won't be responsible for strategy, communications, press engagement, pitch decks, or influencers etc. No wearing every hat, here. At times, you'll occasionally generate ideas or content for Twitter posts.
You'll be given ideas to execute as well as have space to come up with your own, and you'll work alongside experienced marketers and brand managers, receiving training in all things marketing, social media, and anything that interests you in the space. You won't be left out to sea to post - any content will be approved prior to posting by members of the team, but it'll be prioritized so you're not waiting and missing out on active trends.
We'll teach you how to track progress on videos and content, determine strategies, and collaborate with the creative team to get the content you need.
We are passionate about finding and nurturing the right talent, and we encourage underrepresented candidates to apply. Perspective and life experience are valuable and important to us. We are a diverse team on a number of axes and are excited to explore and expand to make amazing games that convey deep stories and unique experiences together.
This role is a 7 month full or part-time contract located in Melbourne, Australia. Ideally, this is an in-studio role, but we have very flexible work policies and are happy for you to work from home part-time. We are also open to the right candidate for remote applicants in other time zones. Ideally, you will have strong crossover with AEST/AEDT.
The remuneration for this position is $60-75k AUD package, and ideally full time, though we are happy to explore part-time for the right candidate.
- Work with the Marketing Director to plan, record, edit and publish video and written content
- Assist with the ideation and concepting stages of content creation
- Create content from end to end alongside trending topics, themes, and events
- Interpret and manage data tracking of content to prioritize high-performing material
- Work alongside marketing on major beats to ensure content aligns at key times
- Spend plenty of time on TikTok for fun
- Are eager to learn and (mostly) enjoy being online
- Have great communication skills and are up to date with online language
- Aren't afraid to try new things in a supportive environment
- Are willing and able to be a face for Stray Gods and Summerfall Studios
- You have experience using CapCut/Wondershare Filmora or other video editing platforms
- You're a content creator yourself across one or more platforms
- You have previous experience in any area of marketing or community, including but not limited to social media, community management and more (outside of games is fine too!)
Culture & Benefits
- Work with a world-class team to create exciting and innovative new narrative-driven games
- Flexible hours and work policies
- Growth opportunities, mentoring, and support
- A focus on work-life balance and a commitment to minimising any overwork
- Generous leave policies, and an environment where you’re encouraged to take it!
Even if you don’t meet all the criteria, we encourage you to apply as we offer lots of learning and development. We are open to talk to applicants from other industries with equivalent experience as well. We are particularly welcoming of diverse applicants, but are interested in anyone and everyone who feels they would be a valuable addition to our team.
Applications will close on the 18th of November at 5pm. All candidates should expect to hear if they are shortlisted by Nov 25, with the successful applicant being confirmed before the 17th of December.
Summerfall Studios is an indie game developer, currently working on the star-studded project, Stray Gods: The Roleplaying Musical. We are a friendly, experienced team with a wealth of knowledge and understanding of the industry, as well as a commitment and desire to innovate.
Our office in Melbourne CBD is spacious, bright, and allows for safe and distanced working practices. At Summerfall, we pride ourselves for sustaining a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We are always on the lookout for people who are enthusiastic, adaptable, and driven by an adventurous spirit. If this sounds like you, apply to be part of the team!