Authored byInfinity Plus Two
Authored onThursday, 13 July, 2023 - 4:37 PM
We're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help continue development and growth of our current games, Gems of War, and Puzzle Quest 3 (available on Mobile, PC, Xbox, and Playstation).
The successful applicant will contribute to a number of areas on both games, including working with gameplay engineers to develop new features, as well as ensuring reliability and scalability of the backend.
Pay rate will be commensurate with the applicant's experience.
Applicants should have the following skills:
- Experience working with databases, both relational and non-relational
- Experience working with with cloud providers (eg. AWS or Google Cloud)
- Understanding of scaling, reliability and load balancing concepts
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, including the ability to collaborate well with other backend and front end engineers
And these skills are an absolute bonus if you have any:
- Experience working in a game development environment
- Experience administering Linux operating systems
- Experience with websockets and networking code
- Technologies such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, HTML, CSS, Node.js, JSON
- Knowledge of build systems (eg. Jenkins) and asset pipelines
- Experience working with custom server architectures
- Experience writing automated tests
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Grafana, Datadog etc.
- Experience working with apps across platforms such as mobile, PC or console
Infinity Plus Two is part of the 505 Games family, you may know us better as Infinite Interactive, the creators of Puzzle Quest and Warlords. We've been around for over three decades, so we're a stable development studio with plenty of experienced folk on board already. If you're a games industry vet, you'll probably enjoy working with equally experienced people, and if you're relatively new to the scene, there's a wealth of talent here to learn from! Either way, we're all passionate about games and game development, and we're hunting for some like-minded people to join us!
We have an office nestled in the Melbourne CBD, close to public transport, and with parking available. Our current team enjoys flexible working arrangements, including work-from-home days, or flexible hours - so a successful candidate will be able to mostly set their own schedule.