Authored byJump Punch Kick
Authored onWednesday, 6 September, 2023 - 9:00 PM
Jump Punch Kick is a small indie team from Wellington, New Zealand. We are looking for a talented casual freelance 3D character/gameplay animator to animate characters and enemy models for our game Hour of Reckoning — a co-operative top-down hero shooter for Steam (and later, consoles).
We’re currently in the prototype phase and replacing our placeholder graphics with cool stylised characters and enemies. We have some great Unreal animation packs that are moving our characters around, but we are also in need of some custom animations to give our characters personality and life. That’s where you come in…
Location: NZ, Australia and/or remote
Position: Paid casual freelance (potentially ongoing)
What you bring:
- Excellent 3d character animation skills - especially combat style animations like running, shooting, special attack moves etc… (Please note - there is no facial animation in this game as it takes place from a top down perspective)
- Able to create high-quality game-ready animations and experience setting up animation assets for Unreal Engine mannequin/skeleton
- Firm understanding of animation principles, techniques and pipeline
- Familiarity with blendspaces, montages, re-targeting etc…
- Able to work with existing animations, asset packs and create new ones that match the existing style
- Experience animating humanoid characters/enemies
- You should be able to recommend best practices for animation and help define our animation pipeline
- Strong communication skills and self-management. We’re looking for someone who can take direction but work autonomously.
- Edit: We found a rigger, so have edited this job description to focus on the animation aspects.
- Edit: Please include samples of gameplay character animations when applying for this role - things like running, shooting, special attacks, death animations etc...
- Experience in animating characters/enemies for top down shooters or MOBA perspective games
- Knowledge of animation blueprints is well regarded
This short-term contract is suited to:
- An experienced 3d character animator, who has time for a bit of work on the side (or is between contracts). We can offer a lot of flexibility for the right person.
- A talented junior with great animation skills - who wants to get paid and increase their experience for their ‘next step’.
How to apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Freelance rigger/3D animator application”. Please include your CV and a link to your portfolio reel. Applications without reels and CV’s won’t be considered. No recruiters.