Authored onThursday, 5 October, 2023 - 8:57 AM
RocketWerkz is an ambitious video games studio based on Auckland’s waterfront. Founded by Dean Hall, creator of hit survival game DayZ, we are independently-run but have the backing of one of the world's largest games companies. Our two major games currently out on Steam are Icarus and Stationeers, with other projects in development.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the development of a custom graphics engine, with the freedom of a clean slate and a focus on performance.
In this role you will:
- Lead the development of a custom Vulkan graphics renderer and pipeline for a PC game
- Influence the product strategy, recommend graphics rendering technologies and approaches to implement and prioritise key features in consultation with the CEO and Head of Engineering
- Optimise performance, balance GPU/CPU workload and run renderer tests and automated testing
- Work closely with the game programmers that will use the renderer
- Mentor junior graphics programmers and work alongside tools developers
- Understand and contribute to the project as a whole
- Use C++, JetBrains Space and task management tools
- Manage your own workload and work hours in consultation with the wider team
What we look for in our ideal candidate:
- At least 5 years game development industry experience
- Strong C++ skills
- Experience with Vulkan or DirectX 11/12
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar (or equivalent industry experience)
As a bonus we also look for:
- Experience with other graphics API
- Automated testing experience
- A portfolio of published game projects
The position is full-time, permanent, and based in Auckland although we can offer flexible working. Assistance is provided for relocation & support for obtaining a visa.
We highly value diversity. Regardless of disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or any other aspect of your culture or identity, you have an important role to play in our team.