WANTED: Video Gaming Project Officer
Manningham YMCA Youth Services are currently seeking to fill a brand new role within the team, to head up our equally as new and exciting Video Gaming Program!
Working from our Doncaster office, the Video Gaming Project Officer will head up a leadership team of young people and create opportunities for young gamers to connect with the community in creative and youth friendly ways.
With a focus on engaging young leaders and developing their leadership stills, the Video Gaming Project Officer will also raise awareness about the risks associated with excessive gaming and promote safe and healthy gaming practices in a creative and non-judgemental way.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Passionate about playing video games!
- Passionate about building community!
- A creative, youthful designer particularly on new media.
- Understands video game technology.
- Excellent communication skills, both formal (e.g. report writing) and informal.
- Experienced in engaging and interacting with young people.
- Understand safety issues that surround gaming e.g. gambling, bullying, privacy, predator behaviour.
Check out the recent report Manningham YMCA Youth Services recently developed around excessive gaming that lead to the development of this program and this awesome new role:
If you think you’re who we’re looking for, download the Video Gaming Project Officer PD below and contact Steven on 9848 5400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org