GAMELOFT, present in 20 countries in Europe, North America and Asia (4,000 people), a leading international developer and publisher of video games, is seeking a:
Senior Game Designer
Be part of the fast growing casual gaming industry!
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The role of a Game Designer is to develop new innovative game concepts mainly for iPhone. The designer's responsibility is to make important contributions to the design quality of large-scale projects. Also, the specifications relative to game concept and creation must be defined, while working closely with artists and developers.
- Conceptualization and in-depth development of the game;
- Documentation, script writer, level-design, level-scripting, data entry, game balancing, integration of multimedia elements (texts, images, sounds and videos).
- Maintain a strong communication with the different department leads (Producers, creative directors, art directors, technical directors);
- Keep updated all documents of the project and maintain regular updates of all design aspects of the game for an overall quality;
- Develop prototypes and explore new game ideas. Research and development, participate to market studies and propose new game concepts/ideas.
- Essential: Degree or work experince in Computer science, multimedia, computer graphics, video games.
- Asset: Experience in a video game company as a game or level designer.
- Asset: Experience on the following platform: iPhone.
- Essential: Experience in game creation. At least one of the following choices:
- Professional game;
- Personal projects (college, game school, home-made, etc.);
- Level-design and/or MOD (Quake, Unreal, Warcraft, Half-Life, etc.);
- Essential: Experience with creation tools (Flash, Blitz, Virtools, GameMaker, etc.);
- Essential: Good experience with multimedia software (Office, Adobe, Macromedia).
- Essential: from business level to native level in English
- 3+ years industry experience
- Passion for video games. Handheld games are a must.
- Good understanding of 'scripting' and/or basic computer programming.
- Communicate ideas with ease (oral and written), professional and autodidact.
- Able to work under pressure and open to do come occasional over-time.
- Open-spirit and love team-working.
- Have a strong imagination!
Please send your application (CV + a few samples of significant work + address of personal web site,
if you have one), under the reference " Senior Game Designer", to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT: PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU SEND IMAGES OR ANIMATIONS FROM YOUR PORTFOLIO IN YOUR CV E-MAIL OR .DOC (Word) OR .PDF (Acrobat), OR SEND US THE
WEBSITE ADDRESS FOR YOUR ONLINE PORTFOLIO (if you have one). ANY CV THAT DOES NOT FULFILL THIS REQUIREMENT WILL NOT BE READ. Thank you for your cooperation.
Gameloft is a leading international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones and consoles. Established in 1999, it has emerged as one of the top innovators in its field. The company creates games for mobile handsets equipped with Java, Brew or Symbian technology. The total number of games-enabled handsets is anticipated to exceed four billion units by 2012. Gameloft games are also available to players on WiiWare and DS, Microsoft’s Xbox LIVE Arcade, Apple’s iPod and PCs.
Partnership agreements with leading licensors and sports personalities such as Ubisoft Entertainment, Universal Pictures, ABC, Dreamworks Animations SKG, Endemol, 20th Century Fox, Viacom, Sony Pictures, Touchtone Television, Warner Bros., FifPro, Ferrari, Paris Hilton, Gus Hansen, Kobe Bryant, Derek Jeter, Reggie Bush, Chuck Norris, Jonny Wilkinson or Robinho allow Gameloft to form strong relationships with international brands. In addition to the partnerships, Gameloft owns and operates titles such as Block Breaker Deluxe, Asphalt: Urban GT and New York Nights.
Through agreements with major telephone wireless carriers, handset manufacturers, specialized distributors and its online shop, Gameloft has a distribution network in over 80 plus countries.
Gameloft has worldwide offices in New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Montreal, Mexico, Buenos Aires, Paris, London, Cologne, Milan, Madrid, Lisbon, Copenhagen, Warsaw, Helsinki, Vienna, Bucharest, New Delhi, Seoul, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney. Gameloft is listed on Euronext Paris (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA).
For more information go to www.gameloft.com