True Blue Entertainment have announced Rugby League Live 2 today and it looks fantastic! The newly released screenshots of it show off some really detailed and customisable player models, weather effects (where mud stains will stick on player's uniforms), all set in some very scenic looking stadiums too.
Rugby League Live 2 promises an "innovative new gameplay experience, accurately capturing the speed, creativity and strategy of today’s Rugby league" and it's being developed by Melbourne's Big Ant Studios for a release later this year on the XBox 360 and PS3.
The touted features of Rugby League Live 2 include:
- A Multitude of Licensed Leagues & Teams: NRL, Super League, Cooperative Championships, NSW & QLD cups, Toyota Cup, Rep teams, Australian, English and New Zealander Internationals.
- 34 high detail stadia from Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
- Dynamic Field Wear & Tear: Grass wears away in areas of action.
- Unique Mud & Sweat: Players accumulate mud on their bodies specifically where they hit the field. Players sweat based on their exertion level.
- Dynamic Tackling System: Fend and break tackle your way past multiple defenders.
- Tactical Passing: Perform defensive or attacking passes to best exploit your opponents.
- Strategic Defense: Set up to increase the likelihood of one, two or three-man, tackles!
- Spectacular High Ball Catching: Soar high to catch the ball or tap it to team mates.
- Create Custom Teams and Players in the fully featured Footy Factory and share them online.
- Competitive or co-operative multiplayer matches with up to eight players (four a side) online.
- Massive 10-Year Career Mode: sign sponsors, hire top flight coaching staff, negotiate player contracts and set player training programs & intensity to build the ultimate team.
- Experience System: Earn badges and experience both online and off to rise to the top of the leaderboards.
- Double-barreled expert commentary from Andrew Voss and Phil 'Gus' Gould.