Job Type: Contract 3 months
The Position: QA Tester
Requirements: Must have or procure an ABN number
Bungarra is looking for a QA tester to manage all aspects of quality assurance for our title. Come work with an energetic game developer in Fremantle to help create the next generation of compelling mass market games for PC and PS3.
- Establish QA guidelines and test processes for new pre-launch product
- Work directly with team to test new features and upgrades for existing products
- Clearly communicate the status of your products being tested to the team through status reports and updates
- Ensure very high quality standards for this initial product
- Create test cases for gameplay, test and re-test this initial product
- Create test cases for hardware and software combination, test and re-test this initial product
- Keep a bug database up to date and reflective of the current status of your products
- Recommend streamlining of processes to improve test efficiency
- Make suggestions for balance and game play improvement as needed
- Work with Development Director and Customer Service staff to identify potentially problematic game areas and address problems accordingly
- Work with programmers, producers and artists to fine-tune game features and changes before launching
We are looking for individuals who have a strong demonstrable understanding of QA methodology. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- University Degree or studying at University
- Several years of game industry experience in Quality Assurance testing
- Strong interest in sports games
- Self-motivated, self-starter attitude appropriate for a initial product environment
- Strong understanding of product life cycle of sports games and experience in shipping completed products
- Experience writing test plans, test cases and internal email reports
- Exceptional communication skills; verbal and written
- Comfortable working with either Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android and other platforms
- Experience managing internal and external testers
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines, milestones and deliverables in a fast-paced work environment
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants must be able to work at our Fremantle studios and must already be a resident of Perth Western Australia. We are employing Perth based people only at this point. All interstate and overseas enquiries are appreciated, but as this is a position for current Perth based residents only, if you apply outside of our stringent requirements you may not receive a response.
- Email only. No visits or phone calls, please.
- Applications by COB Friday 9th September, 2011
- The Subject line of your email must reference the job title and your name, like this: QA Tester: Last name, First name
- Include your resume as an email attachment, preferably as a PDF or in Word 2003 or later format. Include links to online portfolio if applicable.
- Make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone, and email.
- Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Principle applications only. No recruitment firms please*