Founded in 2007, KIXEYE is an online gaming company that plays to win. Responsible for popular titles like Backyard Monsters, Battle Pirates and War Commander, KIXEYE is the first developer to deliver proper game play experiences on social networks. The company is based in San Francisco and backed by Trinity Ventures, JAFCO and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
We are looking for a passionate, resourceful and enthusiastic Senior Gameplay Programmer to join our new Australian studio. You will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team of game developers on creating some of the best Flash- based online social RTS games on the market. Your main tasks will include programming User Interface controls, graphical elements and unit behaviors.
The keys to your success in this role are going to be deep and thorough understanding of Flash run-time and tools, excellent communication skills, good knowledge of social platforms and strategy computer games.
- Collaborate with designers and product managers to understand and define game features and system requirements
- Deliver high quality, functional systems on time and according to the agreed specification
- Have passion for games and sensitivity to the user experience
- Provide time estimates, assist in project planning and reporting
- Participate in code reviews, be able to receive and offer constructive criticism in a collaborative team environment
- 5+ years of experience in software development, preferably in computer games
- Experience in developing interactive Flash sites and applications
- Fluency in ActionScript 3, good understanding of Flash run-time environment
- Strong understanding of web technologies and web service API calls
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/IT or equivalent work experience
Interested? Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org