Scarlet City Studios is an innovative studio based in the suburb of Kingsland, Auckland in beautiful New Zealand. We like to do things differently; in fact, our byline is "Telling an alternative story". We are all passionate gamers, and we know from first hand experience how immersive and life-changing a good game can be. Our team has fond memories of everything from The Legend of Zelda, Zork, King's Quest, Commander Keen, GoldenEye, and Command and Conquer to today's releases.
As a studio, we are on a mission to tell an alternative story of how both educational and faith based games can be. So, our goal is to build a multiplayer online adventure game for 10-12 year olds based on the story of the Bible, and to do it really well. In fact, we are aiming to be the premiere provider of Christian gaming experiences in the world. Our flagship game - The Aetherlight - is brimming with quality art, engaging gameplay, and exceptional design - because we believe in employing skilled people to do great work. You don't need to be a Christian to work with us, just love gaming and supportive of our vision.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about video games, have extensive experience leading a testing or QA department and love getting into the nitty gritty of a game to find all of its bugs so that end users don't have to. You have no problem leading a team of people and are more than happy to work with inexperienced testers to teach them the ropes and mentor them into being as good at finding bugs as you are. To go with that you are a master of documentation and your attention to detail separates you from the rest.
- Proven ability to oversee and manage the Quality Assurance department of the studio, and ultimately take responsibility for the quality of releases.
- Proven ability in developing testing plans and strategies, incorporating documentation, testing processes, release schedules and reporting structures.
- Work with other leads to own and develop the ongoing QA Strategy
- Technical knowledge or background is a definite bonus
- Game testing background preferred but not essential
- Proven experience in managing teams, able to manage workload of interns doing QA testing
- Provide feedback on staff performance
Working in a game studio is definitely as fun as it sounds! We have a funky, modern open plan office with a great team atmosphere. Lunch is provided once a week, and we are located in Kingsland with access to great local eateries, cafes, and bars. Kingsland is also on the western train line and major bus routes, as well as close to motorway onramps and the CBD.
You will be reporting directly to the Executive Producer.
Please note, if you are a recruiting agency we request that you not make contact with us as we are recruit for staff ourselves.