Game Programming Teacher – AIE Melbourne
The Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE), the leading educator in game development, 3D animation and VFX, is looking for an experienced game programmer to deliver Advanced Diploma of Professional Game Development (Game Programming) at our Melbourne campus.
The Advanced Diploma is a strongly practical and intensive course that focuses on the core skills required by game programmers. The successful applicant will develop, update and deliver the course content, administer course requirements, and provide assessment and direction over the school year. Teaching experience is great, but not necessary. Strong communication skills, a team orientated attitude and commercial games programming development experience are essential.
The successful applicant will be working within a supportive and highly skilled team, across all campuses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Delivering the course content for the Advanced Diploma using a combination of lecture style sessions and practical tutorials
• Planning, creation and development of new course materials
• Reviewing, as part of a team, current curriculum and updating as required
• Advising and assisting students on both programming and technical issues
• Monitoring student progress including attendance, course competencies, informal and formal assessment
• Evaluating student course work in both practical and theory exercises
• Detailed, practical, up-to-date knowledge of C++ and C# for game programming and the application of middleware.
• Ability to keep knowledge current with industry standards and further own learning as required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
• Ability to work effectively within a team
• Prior teaching experience an advantage
• Formal qualification in a relevant area
• This is a part-time (4 days per week) position with a 5-month probation period.
• Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
• Applicants need to be able to apply for, or currently hold, a current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
To apply for this position, please provide a cover letter addressing the Skills and Knowledge requirements as well as a Resume and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
To find out more get in touch with Laurie Costabile, Head of School –Melbourne Campus on (03) 8612 1902.