Skip to main content

Chosing Courses Help

Submitted by cryptic on

Hi all.

Next year I plan to go to Qantm and do a diploma in 3d, and this year my plan is to go to Tafe and either do a graphic design, or visual arts course in preparation for the diploma. What I can't decide as yet is what course I should focus on this year. Now, I've read somewhere previously that generally companies find people with skills in traditional art techniques (visual arts) to be highly complementary and beneficial to their 3d skill set and to the company they work for, but then again graphic design will have a lot of techniques, design processes, and software knowledge that crosses over with 3d games and film development very nicely. Which Tafe course do you think is the better way to go? A Tafe course in graphic design, or visual arts, or maybe neither and go with something else?

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

Posted by cryptic on

Hi all.

Next year I plan to go to Qantm and do a diploma in 3d, and this year my plan is to go to Tafe and either do a graphic design, or visual arts course in preparation for the diploma. What I can't decide as yet is what course I should focus on this year. Now, I've read somewhere previously that generally companies find people with skills in traditional art techniques (visual arts) to be highly complementary and beneficial to their 3d skill set and to the company they work for, but then again graphic design will have a lot of techniques, design processes, and software knowledge that crosses over with 3d games and film development very nicely. Which Tafe course do you think is the better way to go? A Tafe course in graphic design, or visual arts, or maybe neither and go with something else?

Please share your thoughts and ideas.