Skip to main content

Animators, Modellers, Texture Artists?

Submitted by WetWired on
Forum

I'm looking to put together something akin to a mod team to help develop a publisher demo for a retail game product. We already have a working and playable demo with a cutting edge engine and a 40+ page fully fleshed out design document. I'm looking for some help creating the art assets for the project and I'm wondering if anyone here is interested in helping, this covers most areas of game design, with the exception of programming, which we have fully covered. The project I'm talking about is the Unseelie, which some of you may have seen the screenshots or videos or read the interview I did in PC Powerplay for it.

We've had a lot of feedback from publisher who like the idea, but felt the demo we originally created didn't convey the gameplay or level of detail we have outlaid in the design doc, which is true as the initial demo team only consisted of 3 people, myself, 1 modeller/animator/texture artist all rolled into one and 1 programmer.

I'm looking for any kind of art/sound/asset help with bringing the demo up to date with the gameplay and art design outlayed in the design document, which would consist of 1 level from the game, 2-3 enemy characters and 2 weapons. All help will be fully credited, and without making guarantees, there's a possibility of full-time work if/when we get a deal, high profile members may get further rewards in the form of profit sharing in a final retail product. This is through a proper business with game experience and industry representation and contacts, this is not a backyard mod team. There will be no pressure to complete anything within any time frame, this would all be in your own time at your own pace.

If anyone is interested, please email me at wetwired@bigpond.com or just reply with your contact details. We have a basic site for The Unseelie online at www.theunseelie.com and you can also find some extra screenshots and videos on my site at http://www.potatoz.net/levels/unseelie/index.html

If you think you can help with the following roles
or think you can help in other areas, just contact me.

- 2D logo / Interface Design
- 3D prop and enviroment creation
- Character Modelling
- Weapon Modelling
- Animating
- Sound / Music Design
- Texture Creation

Posted by WetWired on
Forum

I'm looking to put together something akin to a mod team to help develop a publisher demo for a retail game product. We already have a working and playable demo with a cutting edge engine and a 40+ page fully fleshed out design document. I'm looking for some help creating the art assets for the project and I'm wondering if anyone here is interested in helping, this covers most areas of game design, with the exception of programming, which we have fully covered. The project I'm talking about is the Unseelie, which some of you may have seen the screenshots or videos or read the interview I did in PC Powerplay for it.

We've had a lot of feedback from publisher who like the idea, but felt the demo we originally created didn't convey the gameplay or level of detail we have outlaid in the design doc, which is true as the initial demo team only consisted of 3 people, myself, 1 modeller/animator/texture artist all rolled into one and 1 programmer.

I'm looking for any kind of art/sound/asset help with bringing the demo up to date with the gameplay and art design outlayed in the design document, which would consist of 1 level from the game, 2-3 enemy characters and 2 weapons. All help will be fully credited, and without making guarantees, there's a possibility of full-time work if/when we get a deal, high profile members may get further rewards in the form of profit sharing in a final retail product. This is through a proper business with game experience and industry representation and contacts, this is not a backyard mod team. There will be no pressure to complete anything within any time frame, this would all be in your own time at your own pace.

If anyone is interested, please email me at wetwired@bigpond.com or just reply with your contact details. We have a basic site for The Unseelie online at www.theunseelie.com and you can also find some extra screenshots and videos on my site at http://www.potatoz.net/levels/unseelie/index.html

If you think you can help with the following roles
or think you can help in other areas, just contact me.

- 2D logo / Interface Design
- 3D prop and enviroment creation
- Character Modelling
- Weapon Modelling
- Animating
- Sound / Music Design
- Texture Creation