Skip to main content

Something for programmers to laugh at

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum
Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 04/06/03 - 7:55 AM Permalink

Damn that's some funny sheart.

Submitted by rezn0r on Wed, 04/06/03 - 10:10 AM Permalink

Thanks for that Souri, it gave me a laugh this morning as I was leaving for work.

Scott.

Submitted by GooberMan on Wed, 04/06/03 - 7:08 PM Permalink

Reminds me of some "programmers" I've known over the years [;)]

Submitted by CombatWombat on Wed, 04/06/03 - 8:01 PM Permalink

I work for a large corporate mob and we have some excellent "programmers" *cough*
One of these guys is a "programmer" with approx 7 years "experience" in C, Java and
(unsuprisingly to me) VB. Curiously his title has recently changed to "architect"
which I think must mean he's got some house building skills at a level greater than
his programming ability ;->

Anyway, after setting him straight on arrays actually being exactly the size you
declare them to be in C (he thought they automatically get an extra element added
to them), I was asked to tell him what was wrong with the following code:

[code]#include
#include
#include
#include

int main()
{
char *tcaseline;
char *ptrthing;

tcaseline = (char*) malloc(256);
ptrthing = (char*) malloc(10);

strcpy(tcaseline,"");
ptrthing=strpbrk(tcaseline, ">");
ptrthing++;
free(tcaseline);
free(ptrthing);
}
[/code]So if anyone's looking for "creative programmers", or an architect to
remodel your outhouse, just ask and I'll put you in contact with him ;->

Posted by souri on
Forum

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 04/06/03 - 7:55 AM Permalink

Damn that's some funny sheart.

Submitted by rezn0r on Wed, 04/06/03 - 10:10 AM Permalink

Thanks for that Souri, it gave me a laugh this morning as I was leaving for work.

Scott.

Submitted by GooberMan on Wed, 04/06/03 - 7:08 PM Permalink

Reminds me of some "programmers" I've known over the years [;)]

Submitted by CombatWombat on Wed, 04/06/03 - 8:01 PM Permalink

I work for a large corporate mob and we have some excellent "programmers" *cough*
One of these guys is a "programmer" with approx 7 years "experience" in C, Java and
(unsuprisingly to me) VB. Curiously his title has recently changed to "architect"
which I think must mean he's got some house building skills at a level greater than
his programming ability ;->

Anyway, after setting him straight on arrays actually being exactly the size you
declare them to be in C (he thought they automatically get an extra element added
to them), I was asked to tell him what was wrong with the following code:

[code]#include
#include
#include
#include

int main()
{
char *tcaseline;
char *ptrthing;

tcaseline = (char*) malloc(256);
ptrthing = (char*) malloc(10);

strcpy(tcaseline,"");