Skip to main content

3D software for lowend PC

Submitted by bullet21 on
Forum

I started using Gmax and did a few tutorials. Now i've decided to move up cos i think i got the basic principles.

Here are my PC specs.
- 128Mb Pc 133 Ram
- 20 Gb Maxtor Hard Drive
- P4 1.5 Ghz
- 16 Mb Nvidia Vanta

Now what is a good program for low end computers like mine or isn't there such a thing. I've heard that Lightwave is good but what else.

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 05/01/04 - 9:57 PM Permalink

Any app should be alright as long as you don't try to do anything too taxing. That means dynamics or overly high poly work. Also expect a little slowdown all the time.

I just find it slightly amusing that on a 1.5gb machine, you only have 128mb RAM and a 16mb card. The prosessor should be more than adequite for most purposes. The RAM and graphics card is what will give you troubles and limit you.

Submitted by bullet21 on Mon, 05/01/04 - 10:25 PM Permalink

well i plan on getting a radeon 9200, i upgraded the memory and added 2 x 512 sticks but it seems to be screwing up my computer and giving me these blue screens. so i'm thinking of taking them out.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 06/01/04 - 11:17 AM Permalink

You *definately* need some more ram..

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 06/01/04 - 8:43 PM Permalink

well some good news i just bought a new 512 and 64 so now i have 704 MB. Next up a new graphics card.

Posted by bullet21 on
Forum

I started using Gmax and did a few tutorials. Now i've decided to move up cos i think i got the basic principles.

Here are my PC specs.
- 128Mb Pc 133 Ram
- 20 Gb Maxtor Hard Drive
- P4 1.5 Ghz
- 16 Mb Nvidia Vanta

Now what is a good program for low end computers like mine or isn't there such a thing. I've heard that Lightwave is good but what else.

Submitted by Aven on Mon, 05/01/04 - 9:57 PM Permalink

Any app should be alright as long as you don't try to do anything too taxing. That means dynamics or overly high poly work. Also expect a little slowdown all the time.

I just find it slightly amusing that on a 1.5gb machine, you only have 128mb RAM and a 16mb card. The prosessor should be more than adequite for most purposes. The RAM and graphics card is what will give you troubles and limit you.

Submitted by bullet21 on Mon, 05/01/04 - 10:25 PM Permalink

well i plan on getting a radeon 9200, i upgraded the memory and added 2 x 512 sticks but it seems to be screwing up my computer and giving me these blue screens. so i'm thinking of taking them out.

Submitted by souri on Tue, 06/01/04 - 11:17 AM Permalink

You *definately* need some more ram..

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 06/01/04 - 8:43 PM Permalink

well some good news i just bought a new 512 and 64 so now i have 704 MB. Next up a new graphics card.