Skip to main content

Texporter

Submitted by bullet21 on
Forum

Has anyone used Texporter (a plugin that allows you to export your mesh to photoshop) before, is it better than just uvw unwrapping. I heard of it but i don't know if there is any point getting it.

And also wuts a good site to download meshes, i heard metagons is good but whenever i try to go i get this blank page that says septek.

all feedback welcome

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 05/02/04 - 9:22 AM Permalink

Metagons has been down for a little while now. It is unfortunate as it was a really good site. They had two meshes that you were able to download, but you had to use Getright (or similar) to browse the directories and find the files. The main reason why that site was really good though was because of it's Wireframe Gallery.

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Thu, 05/02/04 - 10:08 AM Permalink

www.3dcafe.com has meshes to download.

All textorter is for is to output your UV's to a texture, it doesnt do anything like uvwunwrapping

Submitted by J I Styles on Thu, 05/02/04 - 7:14 PM Permalink

http://www.3dtotal.com has meshes downloadable from its competitions it runs - great resource for the beginner to look at and learn, especially setting up good rigs.

Texporter is a plugin which takes your uvw texture coordinates you've unwrapped and outputs an image by the settings you give it so you can take it into your favourite paint program and use as a template and guide to texture your model. Virtually a necessity for doing game assets with 3dsmax.

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 06/02/04 - 3:48 AM Permalink

Y not just unwrap the uv's and do a screen grab. Wut r the benefits.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Fri, 06/02/04 - 4:20 AM Permalink

I has options like colour coding the faces to indicate angle and other such good stuff.

Trust us, you want texporter

Pantmonger

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 06/02/04 - 6:25 AM Permalink

Plus, if you want to make a really high res texture for a really dense mesh, you will need it. Try screen grabbing a 2048^2 UV Unwrap :)

Posted by bullet21 on
Forum

Has anyone used Texporter (a plugin that allows you to export your mesh to photoshop) before, is it better than just uvw unwrapping. I heard of it but i don't know if there is any point getting it.

And also wuts a good site to download meshes, i heard metagons is good but whenever i try to go i get this blank page that says septek.

all feedback welcome

Submitted by Aven on Thu, 05/02/04 - 9:22 AM Permalink

Metagons has been down for a little while now. It is unfortunate as it was a really good site. They had two meshes that you were able to download, but you had to use Getright (or similar) to browse the directories and find the files. The main reason why that site was really good though was because of it's Wireframe Gallery.

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Thu, 05/02/04 - 10:08 AM Permalink

www.3dcafe.com has meshes to download.

All textorter is for is to output your UV's to a texture, it doesnt do anything like uvwunwrapping

Submitted by J I Styles on Thu, 05/02/04 - 7:14 PM Permalink

http://www.3dtotal.com has meshes downloadable from its competitions it runs - great resource for the beginner to look at and learn, especially setting up good rigs.

Texporter is a plugin which takes your uvw texture coordinates you've unwrapped and outputs an image by the settings you give it so you can take it into your favourite paint program and use as a template and guide to texture your model. Virtually a necessity for doing game assets with 3dsmax.

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 06/02/04 - 3:48 AM Permalink

Y not just unwrap the uv's and do a screen grab. Wut r the benefits.

Submitted by Pantmonger on Fri, 06/02/04 - 4:20 AM Permalink

I has options like colour coding the faces to indicate angle and other such good stuff.

Trust us, you want texporter

Pantmonger

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 06/02/04 - 6:25 AM Permalink

Plus, if you want to make a really high res texture for a really dense mesh, you will need it. Try screen grabbing a 2048^2 UV Unwrap :)