Skip to main content

Grand Prix Challenge in the Herald Sun

Submitted by Zaph on

Todays Herald Sun (Melbourne, 5th March 2003) has two pages about Grand Prix Challenge - a full-color full-page screenshot of the Melbourne track for the cover of the 'Connect' section and an full page interview with me on page 3 of that section.

Nice to see the local papers starting to cover our games industry more and more (Evolution was featured a couple of days ago too)

Zaph

Submitted by souri on Thu, 06/03/03 - 9:45 AM Permalink

Hey, wow!.. Any chance of anyone scanning it in and putting it somewhere for those of us who missed it ?! [:)]

Submitted by souri on Fri, 07/03/03 - 10:32 AM Permalink

Phwooar.. I like the ad for GPC on that page [:)] I gotta say though the game looks incredible.. The Monaco turn looks *stunning*.. There was an article on the net somewhere that compared some of the F1 games out now with shots in the same areas (the Monaco turn was one of them), and I gotta say GPC wiped the floor on the competition.. it should be somewhere in Sumea news (I'm sure I posted about it)..

http://www.burfitt.org/gallery/view_photo.php?full=1&set_albumName=albu… (the Monaco shot on Zaph's site)

Submitted by souri on Fri, 07/03/03 - 10:41 AM Permalink

Oh, and I heard some of the crowd in GPC were Infogrames Melbourne House developers.. [:)] Any other easter eggs in there? [;)]

Submitted by Zaph on Fri, 07/03/03 - 10:57 AM Permalink

Yes, the crowd contains many of the developers who worked on the game.

Other eastereggs:
The Infogrames Melbourne House building is visible on the Melbourne track, complete with a huge armadillo poster covering part of the building :-) (you might have seen that if you saw the Channel 10 news or Sports Tonight coverage of the game tonight - which you can see if you go to my GPC page [url]http://www.torps.com/GrandPrixChallenge[/url])

There are three cheats in the game to unlock modes (which you can unlock by completing the game too) - two of which were cheats in previous games (Lemans and GP500)

Sadly there's no giant heads (or giant chins) or things like that - the F1 license is very strict these days :-(

From memory there was a brave seagull and a monkey on the Monaco track somewhere - they might not have made it into the final version though.

Kevin 'Zaph' Burfitt
Producer, Infogrames Melbourne House
(and a programmer too)
Homepages: www.torps.com, www.burfitt.org

Posted by Zaph on

Todays Herald Sun (Melbourne, 5th March 2003) has two pages about Grand Prix Challenge - a full-color full-page screenshot of the Melbourne track for the cover of the 'Connect' section and an full page interview with me on page 3 of that section.

Nice to see the local papers starting to cover our games industry more and more (Evolution was featured a couple of days ago too)

Zaph

Submitted by souri on Thu, 06/03/03 - 9:45 AM Permalink

Hey, wow!.. Any chance of anyone scanning it in and putting it somewhere for those of us who missed it ?! [:)]

Submitted by souri on Fri, 07/03/03 - 10:32 AM Permalink

Phwooar.. I like the ad for GPC on that page [:)] I gotta say though the game looks incredible.. The Monaco turn looks *stunning*.. There was an article on the net somewhere that compared some of the F1 games out now with shots in the same areas (the Monaco turn was one of them), and I gotta say GPC wiped the floor on the competition.. it should be somewhere in Sumea news (I'm sure I posted about it)..

http://www.burfitt.org/gallery/view_photo.php?full=1&set_albumName=albu… (the Monaco shot on Zaph's site)

Submitted by souri on Fri, 07/03/03 - 10:41 AM Permalink

Oh, and I heard some of the crowd in GPC were Infogrames Melbourne House developers.. [:)] Any other easter eggs in there? [;)]

Submitted by Zaph on Fri, 07/03/03 - 10:57 AM Permalink

Yes, the crowd contains many of the developers who worked on the game.

Other eastereggs:
The Infogrames Melbourne House building is visible on the Melbourne track, complete with a huge armadillo poster covering part of the building :-) (you might have seen that if you saw the Channel 10 news or Sports Tonight coverage of the game tonight - which you can see if you go to my GPC page [url]http://www.torps.com/GrandPrixChallenge[/url])

There are three cheats in the game to unlock modes (which you can unlock by completing the game too) - two of which were cheats in previous games (Lemans and GP500)

Sadly there's no giant heads (or giant chins) or things like that - the F1 license is very strict these days :-(

From memory there was a brave seagull and a monkey on the Monaco track somewhere - they might not have made it into the final version though.

Kevin 'Zaph' Burfitt
Producer, Infogrames Melbourne House
(and a programmer too)
Homepages: www.torps.com, www.burfitt.org