Skip to main content

Max license

Forum

A few days a go I bought 3Ds max 3.1 from a university(Brand new, box never opened $130)
Well I've registered and all, its a student license. Does anybody know if I can upgrade to a comercial license, and does it cost more or less.
I've already been to discreets website and sent an e-mail, but my reply was useless.
I just want a yes or no answer.

By the way, if anyone in melbourne is interested, I found it in the trading post, as far as I know the guy has a few copies. Uni never used them. comes with character studio 2.2 and 5 books, 4 are manuals and one is a course book. This was a great find [:)]

Lead paint: delicious but deadly!

Submitted by Brain on Thu, 07/11/02 - 4:33 AM Permalink

As far as I can remember, you can trade 3.1 for a portion off the price. You can't buy an upgrade, you've gotta buy a full version (though as far as I know, there aren't upgrade versions, tho I could be wrong). I bought my copy of max3 going on 2 years ago, so I'm a little sketchy on the details.

Try and find a local reseller of Discreet products, they might be a little more helpful. They should be listed on Discreet's website.

Chris Bowden
http://brain.gamekey.com/

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Thu, 07/11/02 - 7:12 AM Permalink

a portion off the price you say? thats alright, I guess I'll look around for a re-seller later this evening

Forum

A few days a go I bought 3Ds max 3.1 from a university(Brand new, box never opened $130)
Well I've registered and all, its a student license. Does anybody know if I can upgrade to a comercial license, and does it cost more or less.
I've already been to discreets website and sent an e-mail, but my reply was useless.
I just want a yes or no answer.

By the way, if anyone in melbourne is interested, I found it in the trading post, as far as I know the guy has a few copies. Uni never used them. comes with character studio 2.2 and 5 books, 4 are manuals and one is a course book. This was a great find [:)]

Submitted by Brain on Thu, 07/11/02 - 4:33 AM Permalink

As far as I can remember, you can trade 3.1 for a portion off the price. You can't buy an upgrade, you've gotta buy a full version (though as far as I know, there aren't upgrade versions, tho I could be wrong). I bought my copy of max3 going on 2 years ago, so I'm a little sketchy on the details.

Try and find a local reseller of Discreet products, they might be a little more helpful. They should be listed on Discreet's website.

Chris Bowden
http://brain.gamekey.com/

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Thu, 07/11/02 - 7:12 AM Permalink

a portion off the price you say? thats alright, I guess I'll look around for a re-seller later this evening