Skip to main content

Animating booleans

Forum

Does anybody have any info or tuts on animating booleans? This is for movie work, not for a game engine by the way. Its basically for things like stabbing or cutting somthing. Also can booleans be animated on an object that has been physiqued?

Lead paint: delicious but deadly!

Submitted by StrkEagle on Fri, 06/12/02 - 10:24 AM Permalink

animating the booleans are dead easy... just click on the boolean sub-object and go animating
alternatively, you could use a morpher (its used for facial animation so why not other animation)
(combining boolean and anything be prepared for a crash or fifty)

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Fri, 06/12/02 - 11:23 PM Permalink

Thanks StrkEagle, to tell you the truth, I never tried I just assumed that it was difficult. Stupid me.

Forum

Does anybody have any info or tuts on animating booleans? This is for movie work, not for a game engine by the way. Its basically for things like stabbing or cutting somthing. Also can booleans be animated on an object that has been physiqued?

Submitted by StrkEagle on Fri, 06/12/02 - 10:24 AM Permalink

animating the booleans are dead easy... just click on the boolean sub-object and go animating
alternatively, you could use a morpher (its used for facial animation so why not other animation)
(combining boolean and anything be prepared for a crash or fifty)

Submitted by Fluffy CatFood on Fri, 06/12/02 - 11:23 PM Permalink

Thanks StrkEagle, to tell you the truth, I never tried I just assumed that it was difficult. Stupid me.