Skip to main content

3D Studio Max 2.5

Submitted by codyalday on
Forum

Is there any tutorials to start using 3D Studio Max 2.5, im gonna get into it hard core on the christmas holidays.

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Mon, 08/12/03 - 3:06 AM Permalink

Max 2.5 eh.. May want to try an archaelogical dig..

Seriously though, just run through the tutorials that come with the program before you try jump in too deep.. Learn the tool, then you can start getting into the fun stuff like characters.

You may want to get Gmax.. Max 2.5 really is an old dinosaur (they're up to 6 now), Gmax has better modelling tools, at the expense of rendering.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 08/12/03 - 6:42 PM Permalink

Actually, 3DSMax 2.5 isn't that bad. If you're doing low polygon work, it should be fine. There's tonnes of plugins for Max 2.5 as well - I know that Metareyes released a lot of their commercial max 2.5 plugins for free, [url="http://www.reyes-infografica.net/register/regplug.php?outcome=1"]available at their site[/url]. Don't let an old version of max inhibit you. I've seen some incredibly fantastic work done with old versions of max.

Submitted by Brain on Sun, 14/12/03 - 3:10 AM Permalink

Wow, and I'm feeling behind still using 3.1. Especially after seeing the 6 launch. Phwoah...

Perhaps look at gMax, as suggested.

Posted by codyalday on
Forum

Is there any tutorials to start using 3D Studio Max 2.5, im gonna get into it hard core on the christmas holidays.

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Mon, 08/12/03 - 3:06 AM Permalink

Max 2.5 eh.. May want to try an archaelogical dig..

Seriously though, just run through the tutorials that come with the program before you try jump in too deep.. Learn the tool, then you can start getting into the fun stuff like characters.

You may want to get Gmax.. Max 2.5 really is an old dinosaur (they're up to 6 now), Gmax has better modelling tools, at the expense of rendering.

Submitted by souri on Mon, 08/12/03 - 6:42 PM Permalink

Actually, 3DSMax 2.5 isn't that bad. If you're doing low polygon work, it should be fine. There's tonnes of plugins for Max 2.5 as well - I know that Metareyes released a lot of their commercial max 2.5 plugins for free, [url="http://www.reyes-infografica.net/register/regplug.php?outcome=1"]available at their site[/url]. Don't let an old version of max inhibit you. I've seen some incredibly fantastic work done with old versions of max.

Submitted by Brain on Sun, 14/12/03 - 3:10 AM Permalink

Wow, and I'm feeling behind still using 3.1. Especially after seeing the 6 launch. Phwoah...

Perhaps look at gMax, as suggested.