Skip to main content

modelling publicity sorta thing...

Submitted by Kezza on
Forum

Umm... yeah,
Currently i'm on an engine called fever, which is built heavily on
opensource components for university purposes @ QUT (research & gamedev courses). Being paid for doing stuff like this is sweet...

but anyway,
here's the fun part... we've got to do a presentation of work so far to everyone in the multimedia R&D group in 2 weeks, but apart from a shitty low res scan of a tissue box we don't have any models to use.

So if anyone wants to show their models off to these people... i'd be most happy to help them do so.

The engine itself is mostly built on top of OSG (www.openscenegraph.org) so model features shouldn't be a problem & the OSG exporters will show the model as it will appear in engine. Cg shaders (read HLSL/dx9 if you want) will be supported later this week.

Finally fever's gui will watermark the screen with a resource credit details by default... so .... umm... yeah.....advertising, or something like that.

-- edit
not asking anyone to make anything new, just if you've got character/envornment models that would like to show off then i would be most indebted to you

(...however you spell that word)

Posted by Kezza on
Forum

Umm... yeah,
Currently i'm on an engine called fever, which is built heavily on
opensource components for university purposes @ QUT (research & gamedev courses). Being paid for doing stuff like this is sweet...

but anyway,
here's the fun part... we've got to do a presentation of work so far to everyone in the multimedia R&D group in 2 weeks, but apart from a shitty low res scan of a tissue box we don't have any models to use.

So if anyone wants to show their models off to these people... i'd be most happy to help them do so.

The engine itself is mostly built on top of OSG (www.openscenegraph.org) so model features shouldn't be a problem & the OSG exporters will show the model as it will appear in engine. Cg shaders (read HLSL/dx9 if you want) will be supported later this week.

Finally fever's gui will watermark the screen with a resource credit details by default... so .... umm... yeah.....advertising, or something like that.

-- edit
not asking anyone to make anything new, just if you've got character/envornment models that would like to show off then i would be most indebted to you

(...however you spell that word)