Skip to main content

AiE Sydney

Submitted by tanka on

Hey all, This is my first post here; Although I've been reading around here for ages. I thought you guys might be able to help me out.

I'm sure that most of you know that AiE is opening a new campus in Sydney next year, well I've applied there to complete my Diploma of Game Development (Game Art). I am going for an interview on Friday. My issue is, I want to see if I can apply straight into the second year of the course, but being a new campus I'm unsure if they will be running a second year in the campuses first year. I emailed them asking about applying for the second year and they said that I could do so during the interview, but I am still worried that I might not be able to do the second year.

I want to apply for the second year because I've already completed a Cert IV in 3D animation, but want to move onto something more game orientated. Hopefully, I'm good enough to get into the second year.

Is anybody else in a similar situation to me?

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 24/11/08 - 6:56 PM Permalink

Haha, you didn't need to bump it.

I went for my interview.. I was good enough for the second year.. Only issue there aren't enough people to have a second year. (I'm sure I was the only one)

So I encourage anybody to go apply! They only need 5-6 students apparently.. I can imagine being in a small class for this kind of course would be a huge advantage.. Applications are open until January, so anybody interested should go for it!

Posted by tanka on

Hey all, This is my first post here; Although I've been reading around here for ages. I thought you guys might be able to help me out.

I'm sure that most of you know that AiE is opening a new campus in Sydney next year, well I've applied there to complete my Diploma of Game Development (Game Art). I am going for an interview on Friday. My issue is, I want to see if I can apply straight into the second year of the course, but being a new campus I'm unsure if they will be running a second year in the campuses first year. I emailed them asking about applying for the second year and they said that I could do so during the interview, but I am still worried that I might not be able to do the second year.

I want to apply for the second year because I've already completed a Cert IV in 3D animation, but want to move onto something more game orientated. Hopefully, I'm good enough to get into the second year.

Is anybody else in a similar situation to me?

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 24/11/08 - 6:56 PM Permalink

Haha, you didn't need to bump it.

I went for my interview.. I was good enough for the second year.. Only issue there aren't enough people to have a second year. (I'm sure I was the only one)

So I encourage anybody to go apply! They only need 5-6 students apparently.. I can imagine being in a small class for this kind of course would be a huge advantage.. Applications are open until January, so anybody interested should go for it!