Skip to main content

Sumea Challenge #5 -3D- Doord

Submitted by Doord on

Normal version, Concept: 100%, Model: 95%, Polycount: 998, Texture: 0%

[img]http://server5.uploadit.org/files/BrendanDoord-s5comp01.jpg [/img][img]http://server5.uploadit.org/files/BrendanDoord-S5CompWireNormal.jpg[/img]

Evil version, Concept: 100%, Model: 65%, Polcount: 1010, texture: 0% (Sorry about the bad render)

[img]http://server5.uploadit.org/files/BrendanDoord-s5comp02.jpg[/img][img]h…]

Good version, Concept: 50%, Model: 0%, Polcount: N/A, Texture: 0

(still working this one out, have idea, A little on paper)

Main Chatacter, Concept: 40%

(Have idea and have started work on it.)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 11/02/04 - 4:14 AM Permalink

so far so good man, nice work with keeping a little consistancy but managing to have interesting changes

oh and it has to be said about the second sketch, reminds me of "birdo" of the Mario universe in one way ;P

Submitted by Doord on Wed, 11/02/04 - 4:46 AM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by MoonUnit

oh and it has to be said about the second sketch, reminds me of "birdo" of the Mario universe in one way ;P

Cool, didn't pick it up. The idea was from LOTR and also to save polycount.

Submitted by hobonation on Wed, 11/02/04 - 4:56 AM Permalink

that is awesome. yeh, u could imagine seeing him shoot an egg out of his mouth. :P

I like the idea of his evil form growing goat legs. Very satanic. very promising concepts!

Submitted by BlackJack on Thu, 12/02/04 - 8:43 AM Permalink

Nice. They look kool. U thought of a third transformation? and any concepts for a good version?

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Thu, 12/02/04 - 10:49 AM Permalink

Is your good version going to build on from your evil version - ie twist the evil aspects into good whilst maturing even more - or will it simply be the opposite of the evil vers?

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 12/02/04 - 6:45 PM Permalink

That is some really nice work doord. Love the evil traits ie: wings, goat legs and tail. Can't wait to see it in 3D.

Submitted by Doord on Thu, 12/02/04 - 8:38 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by JonathanKerr

Is your good version going to build on from your evil version - ie twist the evil aspects into good whilst maturing even more - or will it simply be the opposite of the evil vers?

I'm still working out in my head what the good version will be (nothing on paper) but what I do know is that it will be opposite to the evil version. With that said you will be able to see more of the face then both the normal and evil versions. The character will be taking more of a wizardmagic feel, which is opposite to the evil versions demonmelee and puts the normal versions martial arts feel nicely in the middle I think.

Anyway there is a update above the first mesh.

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 13/02/04 - 7:46 PM Permalink

Cool the mesh looks great, I think i know which was the hardest part, the staff :)

Submitted by Doord on Fri, 13/02/04 - 7:57 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by bullet21

Cool the mesh looks great, I think i know which was the hardest part, the staff :)

Yeah the staff was damn hard, it was petty easy character mesh to model I have an update version which is I would said 95% done and look about 200% better[:)]. I will update as soon as I get time to render it.

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 17/02/04 - 1:20 AM Permalink

Cool Doord, That looks great and Sorceror Bob yeah it does kinda remind me of Kenny. It's really comin along Doord keep it up.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 17/02/04 - 5:32 AM Permalink

nice work with the WIP of the evil dude, your translating your sketches to models very nicely

Submitted by xEmilx on Tue, 17/02/04 - 6:52 AM Permalink

Awesome... need i say more?

This is one of my favourite concepts, I love the style.
Cant wait to see the 3rd evolution.

Submitted by Doord on Tue, 17/02/04 - 8:22 PM Permalink

nice work with the WIP of the evil dude, your translating your sketches to models very nicely

Thanks, I didn't think I was get the translation from 2D to 3D that well, and still don't think I'm getting it as well as I would like to. But if you saying that I have done well I must not be to far off.

xEmilx: Thanks, the little dude has been running around in my head for about 3 month before I put him on paper the other week. He was going to be made hi-res for a few one frame comics (and still will be.)

I hope I can do a good job on the good version, he not far off finished as well as the main character.

Submitted by Doord on Wed, 25/02/04 - 10:30 PM Permalink

Just a little update on what is happening. I have left my pen drive at my mum and dad place so I'm unable to transfer file from home to work so that I can post them.

The next update will be big, it will be the the last two concepts which are done now and the texture for the little guy which is unwarped and about 30% texture now, and maybe the model and possibly the texture for the good guy.

So I haven't left the comp just can't post.

Posted by Doord on

Normal version, Concept: 100%, Model: 95%, Polycount: 998, Texture: 0%

[img]http://server5.uploadit.org/files/BrendanDoord-s5comp01.jpg [/img][img]http://server5.uploadit.org/files/BrendanDoord-S5CompWireNormal.jpg[/img]

Evil version, Concept: 100%, Model: 65%, Polcount: 1010, texture: 0% (Sorry about the bad render)

[img]http://server5.uploadit.org/files/BrendanDoord-s5comp02.jpg[/img][img]h…]

Good version, Concept: 50%, Model: 0%, Polcount: N/A, Texture: 0

(still working this one out, have idea, A little on paper)

Main Chatacter, Concept: 40%

(Have idea and have started work on it.)

Submitted by MoonUnit on Wed, 11/02/04 - 4:14 AM Permalink

so far so good man, nice work with keeping a little consistancy but managing to have interesting changes

Submitted by Doord on Wed, 11/02/04 - 4:46 AM Permalink

Cool, didn't pick it up. The idea was from LOTR and also to save polycount.

Submitted by hobonation on Wed, 11/02/04 - 4:56 AM Permalink

that is awesome. yeh, u could imagine seeing him shoot an egg out of his mouth. :P

I like the idea of his evil form growing goat legs. Very satanic. very promising concepts!

Submitted by BlackJack on Thu, 12/02/04 - 8:43 AM Permalink

Nice. They look kool. U thought of a third transformation? and any concepts for a good version?

Submitted by JonathanKerr on Thu, 12/02/04 - 10:49 AM Permalink

Submitted by bullet21 on Thu, 12/02/04 - 6:45 PM Permalink

That is some really nice work doord. Love the evil traits ie: wings, goat legs and tail. Can't wait to see it in 3D.

Submitted by Doord on Thu, 12/02/04 - 8:38 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by JonathanKerr

I'm still working out in my head what the good version will be (nothing on paper) but what I do know is that it will be opposite to the evil version. With that said you will be able to see more of the face then both the normal and evil versions. The character will be taking more of a wizardmagic feel, which is opposite to the evil versions demonmelee and puts the normal versions martial arts feel nicely in the middle I think.

Anyway there is a update above the first mesh.

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 13/02/04 - 7:46 PM Permalink

Submitted by Doord on Fri, 13/02/04 - 7:57 PM Permalink

quote:Originally posted by bullet21

Yeah the staff was damn hard, it was petty easy character mesh to model I have an update version which is I would said 95% done and look about 200% better[:)]. I will update as soon as I get time to render it.

Submitted by bullet21 on Tue, 17/02/04 - 1:20 AM Permalink

Cool Doord, That looks great and Sorceror Bob yeah it does kinda remind me of Kenny. It's really comin along Doord keep it up.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 17/02/04 - 5:32 AM Permalink

Submitted by xEmilx on Tue, 17/02/04 - 6:52 AM Permalink

Awesome... need i say more?

This is one of my favourite concepts, I love the style.
Cant wait to see the 3rd evolution.

Submitted by Doord on Tue, 17/02/04 - 8:22 PM Permalink

Thanks, I didn't think I was get the translation from 2D to 3D that well, and still don't think I'm getting it as well as I would like to. But if you saying that I have done well I must not be to far off.

xEmilx: Thanks, the little dude has been running around in my head for about 3 month before I put him on paper the other week. He was going to be made hi-res for a few one frame comics (and still will be.)

I hope I can do a good job on the good version, he not far off finished as well as the main character.

Submitted by Doord on Wed, 25/02/04 - 10:30 PM Permalink

Just a little update on what is happening. I have left my pen drive at my mum and dad place so I'm unable to transfer file from home to work so that I can post them.

The next update will be big, it will be the the last two concepts which are done now and the texture for the little guy which is unwarped and about 30% texture now, and maybe the model and possibly the texture for the good guy.

So I haven't left the comp just can't post.