Skip to main content

Part-Time Work

Submitted by Kowai on

Hey guys!

I'm a student in Melbourne, with college 3 days a week looking to gain some industry experience. Has anyone heard of any studios offering part-time work/work experience? I highly doubt my luck but I thought it'd be good to ask. I'm looking forward to one day being a modeller or animator.
I know there are internship programs but they usually require you to have finished college.. How annoying! I only have to wait til the end of this year which is lucky though.

Submitted by Angel on Fri, 15/06/07 - 10:00 AM Permalink

Hi Kowai,

Sorry for the late response. Most studios that I'm aware of do not offer part-time work or work experience. However, you can get lucky - I managed to get an internship with Auran in Brisbane. But I don't know of any companies in Melbourne that offer anything similar.

You should check out your local IGDA chapter though - it's an opportunity to talk to people in the industry and start networking.

And if you're not too busy, you could always join a mod/indie dev team to get some experience.

Good luck!

Posted by Kowai on

Hey guys!

I'm a student in Melbourne, with college 3 days a week looking to gain some industry experience. Has anyone heard of any studios offering part-time work/work experience? I highly doubt my luck but I thought it'd be good to ask. I'm looking forward to one day being a modeller or animator.
I know there are internship programs but they usually require you to have finished college.. How annoying! I only have to wait til the end of this year which is lucky though.

Submitted by Angel on Fri, 15/06/07 - 10:00 AM Permalink

Hi Kowai,

Sorry for the late response. Most studios that I'm aware of do not offer part-time work or work experience. However, you can get lucky - I managed to get an internship with Auran in Brisbane. But I don't know of any companies in Melbourne that offer anything similar.

You should check out your local IGDA chapter though - it's an opportunity to talk to people in the industry and start networking.

And if you're not too busy, you could always join a mod/indie dev team to get some experience.

Good luck!