Skip to main content

Programmer section up on Sumea

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

Yes, there's a programmer section up at Sumea.. Daemin, Blitz, and others interested in a journal please go to http://www.sumea.com.au/sregister.asp and put in your details so I can set you up..Please enter your correct email in the form as well - you don't need to worry about spam as no one will see your email address. They can send you an email through Sumea, but they won't get your email address unless you actually reply.
Just a few things for programmers - the way the artist members get a lot of people to view their profile is that they write frequently and display their work in their gallery/journals.. this gets shown in the section pages, and the main page as well.. Well, for programmers, I'm thinking you can upload images as well - perhaps screenshots of your routines at work? It's up to you [:)] .. At the moment Sumea doesn't have the space for you to upload demos that you've coded, but hopefully in the future I can get some sponsorship to pay for extra webspace... anyway, if you have any questions, I'm always here. [:)]

Submitted by Blitz on Wed, 11/12/02 - 12:14 PM Permalink

It's pretty easy to get webspace to upload our demo's etc. to. And if people desperately want to get their hands on the demo they can always send the author a message.
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by Jacana on Wed, 11/12/02 - 7:29 PM Permalink

Maybe code snippits could be put up?
A bit out dated but with MUD's a lot of people write code to do specific tasks and share those around.

"Yes I Code"
As found on AGDC name tag 2002

Submitted by Blitz on Wed, 11/12/02 - 8:27 PM Permalink

Should journal entries really be showing up on the main news section of the coders page?
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by souri on Wed, 11/12/02 - 10:58 PM Permalink

There are 5 slots for journal entries to show up on the main coder page.. I did this so that when people go to that section, they can glimpse into what the members are up to.. Looking at the other sections, I think this works rather well. It's also another way to draw visitors to look into your profile/journal page..

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 11/12/02 - 11:12 PM Permalink

Erm, Souri, there's a smalal bug in your add link function, I tried to add one just now linking to a website but it spat out an error about something having to be true etc and it wouldn't add the link. I filled in all the fields etc.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 11/12/02 - 11:32 PM Permalink

Yeh, Jacana sent me an email about it this morning.. I thought I fixed it a while ago! Anyway, was working on it until the site went offline a few minutes ago. Should be fixed in no time.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 11/12/02 - 11:43 PM Permalink

Should be ok now.

Submitted by Maitrek on Fri, 10/01/03 - 8:23 AM Permalink

I agree with Jacana, I think there needs to be some sort of code snippets or maybe article/tutorial uploading feature on the coders section, seeing as alot of coders are nice enough to share their pearls of wisdom (such as me) if there was a place to showcase it.

Showing graphics still-frame generally hide what really goes on in the code and alot of code doesn't even go towards graphics.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 10/01/03 - 10:22 AM Permalink

I'll put the code snippets upload on my to-do list, and articles/tutorials can be emailed to me at the usual address, and I'll put them online. I used to allow articles to be added through the admin section, but they were added straight to the database. I prefer to keep the db unbloated and have articles as just html..

Submitted by Maitrek on Fri, 10/01/03 - 10:32 AM Permalink

Yeah that'd be appreciated!
Now I can go and lobby for world peace finally :)

Snootchie bootchies!

Posted by souri on
Forum

Yes, there's a programmer section up at Sumea.. Daemin, Blitz, and others interested in a journal please go to http://www.sumea.com.au/sregister.asp and put in your details so I can set you up..Please enter your correct email in the form as well - you don't need to worry about spam as no one will see your email address. They can send you an email through Sumea, but they won't get your email address unless you actually reply.
Just a few things for programmers - the way the artist members get a lot of people to view their profile is that they write frequently and display their work in their gallery/journals.. this gets shown in the section pages, and the main page as well.. Well, for programmers, I'm thinking you can upload images as well - perhaps screenshots of your routines at work? It's up to you [:)] .. At the moment Sumea doesn't have the space for you to upload demos that you've coded, but hopefully in the future I can get some sponsorship to pay for extra webspace... anyway, if you have any questions, I'm always here. [:)]

Submitted by Blitz on Wed, 11/12/02 - 12:14 PM Permalink

It's pretty easy to get webspace to upload our demo's etc. to. And if people desperately want to get their hands on the demo they can always send the author a message.
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by Jacana on Wed, 11/12/02 - 7:29 PM Permalink

Maybe code snippits could be put up?
A bit out dated but with MUD's a lot of people write code to do specific tasks and share those around.

"Yes I Code"
As found on AGDC name tag 2002

Submitted by Blitz on Wed, 11/12/02 - 8:27 PM Permalink

Should journal entries really be showing up on the main news section of the coders page?
CYer, Blitz

Submitted by souri on Wed, 11/12/02 - 10:58 PM Permalink

There are 5 slots for journal entries to show up on the main coder page.. I did this so that when people go to that section, they can glimpse into what the members are up to.. Looking at the other sections, I think this works rather well. It's also another way to draw visitors to look into your profile/journal page..

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 11/12/02 - 11:12 PM Permalink

Erm, Souri, there's a smalal bug in your add link function, I tried to add one just now linking to a website but it spat out an error about something having to be true etc and it wouldn't add the link. I filled in all the fields etc.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 11/12/02 - 11:32 PM Permalink

Yeh, Jacana sent me an email about it this morning.. I thought I fixed it a while ago! Anyway, was working on it until the site went offline a few minutes ago. Should be fixed in no time.

Submitted by souri on Wed, 11/12/02 - 11:43 PM Permalink

Should be ok now.

Submitted by Maitrek on Fri, 10/01/03 - 8:23 AM Permalink

I agree with Jacana, I think there needs to be some sort of code snippets or maybe article/tutorial uploading feature on the coders section, seeing as alot of coders are nice enough to share their pearls of wisdom (such as me) if there was a place to showcase it.

Showing graphics still-frame generally hide what really goes on in the code and alot of code doesn't even go towards graphics.

Submitted by souri on Fri, 10/01/03 - 10:22 AM Permalink

I'll put the code snippets upload on my to-do list, and articles/tutorials can be emailed to me at the usual address, and I'll put them online. I used to allow articles to be added through the admin section, but they were added straight to the database. I prefer to keep the db unbloated and have articles as just html..

Submitted by Maitrek on Fri, 10/01/03 - 10:32 AM Permalink

Yeah that'd be appreciated!
Now I can go and lobby for world peace finally :)

Snootchie bootchies!