Skip to main content

Looking for games programmer

Submitted by eyrie on
Forum

I'd like to find out is if anyone's interested in helping me put together an adventure game - something along the lines of Myst, where the plot unfolds as the game progresses, some clue hunting, puzzle solving, etc. I'm hoping to develop it as a 3D, first-person game where the player can interact with objects. I know how to do the graphics side of things, but don't know about the programming side, so the ideal person would have games programming skill and live on the Central Coast, NSW.

This isn't a paying job, just a project to work together on. But you never know.... the game could actually be fun to play and may make us some money! I do, however, need someone dedicated and willing to spend at least 2 days a week on it. Other artists are welcome to join me too. If you don't think this is for you but might know someone that would be interested, please pass this on to them.

This is just a first step to creating a game development team. Through developing this game I hope to find the right people to develop future games with. I have other games in mind that aren't in existing genres that we will develop in the future, and as such feel will attract a major share of the games market. The right people will be getting in on the ground floor of this exciting enterprise!

Posted by eyrie on
Forum

I'd like to find out is if anyone's interested in helping me put together an adventure game - something along the lines of Myst, where the plot unfolds as the game progresses, some clue hunting, puzzle solving, etc. I'm hoping to develop it as a 3D, first-person game where the player can interact with objects. I know how to do the graphics side of things, but don't know about the programming side, so the ideal person would have games programming skill and live on the Central Coast, NSW.

This isn't a paying job, just a project to work together on. But you never know.... the game could actually be fun to play and may make us some money! I do, however, need someone dedicated and willing to spend at least 2 days a week on it. Other artists are welcome to join me too. If you don't think this is for you but might know someone that would be interested, please pass this on to them.

This is just a first step to creating a game development team. Through developing this game I hope to find the right people to develop future games with. I have other games in mind that aren't in existing genres that we will develop in the future, and as such feel will attract a major share of the games market. The right people will be getting in on the ground floor of this exciting enterprise!