Skip to main content

3D Modeling Books

Submitted by Acer on
Forum

I was wondering if anyone can recomend some 3D modeling books to me, and where i could buy them from, iv seen the odd book in dymmocks on maya here and there but nothing of interest to me.
Im looking for something on 3ds Max 5, anything from basics to the more advanced stuff. I live in Perth so im not shure if any bookshops have them.

Thanks

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 13/02/04 - 1:14 PM Permalink

have a search on the forum. this topic has come up a few times before.

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 13/02/04 - 7:40 PM Permalink

Paul Steed's stuff is pretty good, How to model a character in 3dsmax, this is my opinion though. There are people on the forum whopick up a rifle soon as u say that name though.

Paul Steed...........Paul Steed[:)]

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Tue, 17/02/04 - 2:49 AM Permalink

I know the 'Borders' chain of stores have a huge number of 3D related books, but be prepared to pay about 10% more than other stores. Personally I'd purchase online, much cheaper.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 17/02/04 - 5:43 AM Permalink

yeh what i did was hit borders and i came away with the 3DS Max Bible (mine was for ver 3 tho). Its a good reference book (eg: "NURBS.. err what are they.. ill check my book") but not something that you could really read through cover to cover. Just didnt seem to be structured that way.

Submitted by doyle on Thu, 19/02/04 - 8:54 AM Permalink

im in perth try boffins its sorta on the way up to 78 records
they have a lot of 3d books upstairs

Posted by Acer on
Forum

I was wondering if anyone can recomend some 3D modeling books to me, and where i could buy them from, iv seen the odd book in dymmocks on maya here and there but nothing of interest to me.
Im looking for something on 3ds Max 5, anything from basics to the more advanced stuff. I live in Perth so im not shure if any bookshops have them.

Thanks

Submitted by inglis on Fri, 13/02/04 - 1:14 PM Permalink

have a search on the forum. this topic has come up a few times before.

Submitted by bullet21 on Fri, 13/02/04 - 7:40 PM Permalink

Paul Steed's stuff is pretty good, How to model a character in 3dsmax, this is my opinion though. There are people on the forum whopick up a rifle soon as u say that name though.

Paul Steed...........Paul Steed[:)]

Submitted by Wizenedoldman on Tue, 17/02/04 - 2:49 AM Permalink

I know the 'Borders' chain of stores have a huge number of 3D related books, but be prepared to pay about 10% more than other stores. Personally I'd purchase online, much cheaper.

Submitted by MoonUnit on Tue, 17/02/04 - 5:43 AM Permalink

yeh what i did was hit borders and i came away with the 3DS Max Bible (mine was for ver 3 tho). Its a good reference book (eg: "NURBS.. err what are they.. ill check my book") but not something that you could really read through cover to cover. Just didnt seem to be structured that way.

Submitted by doyle on Thu, 19/02/04 - 8:54 AM Permalink

im in perth try boffins its sorta on the way up to 78 records
they have a lot of 3d books upstairs