Skip to main content

Orange timber!!

Submitted by bowlr on
Forum

I'm a real newby at Studio Max and I applied a timber map to a model and it was fine, so I fiddled with some settings and now it is all orange, reverse fiddling didn't help.....help

Submitted by conundrum on Wed, 13/07/05 - 9:04 AM Permalink

You should post questions like this in the artist discussion area rather than general chat.

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 13/07/05 - 7:34 PM Permalink

moved to artist discussion.

bowlr: you haven't really given anything to work out what you fiddled with and how it affected it. You could've done any number of things really to make it volatile like this (eg, put the tiling to 0, 0, or given it funky uv's, rotated it in depth so it's only looking at a single pixel, etc). My advice would be this:
admittedly, you are new to max. Take it as a learning experiance, hit the little X button in the material editor and make it again, this time paying attention to what you're fiddling with and how it effects it.

Posted by bowlr on
Forum

I'm a real newby at Studio Max and I applied a timber map to a model and it was fine, so I fiddled with some settings and now it is all orange, reverse fiddling didn't help.....help

Submitted by conundrum on Wed, 13/07/05 - 9:04 AM Permalink

You should post questions like this in the artist discussion area rather than general chat.

Submitted by J I Styles on Wed, 13/07/05 - 7:34 PM Permalink

moved to artist discussion.

bowlr: you haven't really given anything to work out what you fiddled with and how it affected it. You could've done any number of things really to make it volatile like this (eg, put the tiling to 0, 0, or given it funky uv's, rotated it in depth so it's only looking at a single pixel, etc). My advice would be this:
admittedly, you are new to max. Take it as a learning experiance, hit the little X button in the material editor and make it again, this time paying attention to what you're fiddling with and how it effects it.