Skip to main content

Maya 6

Submitted by Me109 on
Forum

Just wanted to point out that Maya 6 is out and about.
It looks figgen awesome. Major enhancements to the Track editor and rigging setup.. It even supports Bipeds!! farout! looks like max could be in for a run for its money!

p.s. I like max too

I don't know how many people use Maya out there but now that maya 6 has all this goodness it might make it more popular!

What do you guys prefer?? I've been using Maya non stop for the past 8 months (prior to that I exclusively used Max) and I have a healthy love/hate relationship with it. I guess now a more love relationship..lol...

Anyhow I'm sure everyone has a fav 3d program! let me know!

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 14/05/04 - 6:50 AM Permalink

I received my upgrade to Maya 6 today in the mail. All five CDs :D I haven't actually installed it yet as I have been so busy with... er... playing Guild Wars :p Well it only lasts four days. I may as well.

My friend has had it for the last two weeks (he has the maintenance fee so he could download it on the 1st). I'll let you know what it is like soon, but it does seem to have som really nice features.

It is really different at first (compared to Max), but it grows on you :)

Posted by Me109 on
Forum

Just wanted to point out that Maya 6 is out and about.
It looks figgen awesome. Major enhancements to the Track editor and rigging setup.. It even supports Bipeds!! farout! looks like max could be in for a run for its money!

p.s. I like max too

I don't know how many people use Maya out there but now that maya 6 has all this goodness it might make it more popular!

What do you guys prefer?? I've been using Maya non stop for the past 8 months (prior to that I exclusively used Max) and I have a healthy love/hate relationship with it. I guess now a more love relationship..lol...

Anyhow I'm sure everyone has a fav 3d program! let me know!

Submitted by Aven on Fri, 14/05/04 - 6:50 AM Permalink

I received my upgrade to Maya 6 today in the mail. All five CDs :D I haven't actually installed it yet as I have been so busy with... er... playing Guild Wars :p Well it only lasts four days. I may as well.

My friend has had it for the last two weeks (he has the maintenance fee so he could download it on the 1st). I'll let you know what it is like soon, but it does seem to have som really nice features.

It is really different at first (compared to Max), but it grows on you :)