Skip to main content

cant open 3dsmax files (big problem)

Submitted by Ninja on
Forum

[:(]

Hi all,

i got a big problem trying to open a 3ds max file !!! i keep getting a pop-up warning that says FILE OPEN FAILED c:/then the path.....

i still got the file though !!!.... would anyone know any other ways to open the damn thing ???? i tried merging etc and still wont budge...

ive been working on this for 3 weeks now and would hate to loose the damn file !!!!....

please help :)

chris...

Submitted by Brain on Wed, 16/04/03 - 6:49 AM Permalink

Hmmm... no idea myself, but this could lead you to the wonderment of incremental saves. A cool feature of 3dsmax is that when you save your file, say mywork01.max, yuo can then go to Save As... and then click the + button above the Save button, and it'll automatically increment the number (in this case, mywork02.max)

Hope you can recover your file dude.

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Wed, 16/04/03 - 8:36 AM Permalink

you can try "merging" the file.. I find that can sometimes help get into corrupted files.

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Wed, 16/04/03 - 12:05 PM Permalink

maybe you have a working autoback?
no harm in checking.
nannoo nannoo

Submitted by Ninja on Wed, 16/04/03 - 8:42 PM Permalink

heheh thanks for ur help guys !! but i did lose my work because i forgot to turn on incremental files ( how stupid of me :( ) aww wells dats another stupid lesson i learnt !!!

once again thank you.....

you guys r legends =)

Posted by Ninja on
Forum

[:(]

Hi all,

i got a big problem trying to open a 3ds max file !!! i keep getting a pop-up warning that says FILE OPEN FAILED c:/then the path.....

i still got the file though !!!.... would anyone know any other ways to open the damn thing ???? i tried merging etc and still wont budge...

ive been working on this for 3 weeks now and would hate to loose the damn file !!!!....

please help :)

chris...

Submitted by Brain on Wed, 16/04/03 - 6:49 AM Permalink

Hmmm... no idea myself, but this could lead you to the wonderment of incremental saves. A cool feature of 3dsmax is that when you save your file, say mywork01.max, yuo can then go to Save As... and then click the + button above the Save button, and it'll automatically increment the number (in this case, mywork02.max)

Hope you can recover your file dude.

Submitted by Sorceror Bob on Wed, 16/04/03 - 8:36 AM Permalink

you can try "merging" the file.. I find that can sometimes help get into corrupted files.

Submitted by shiptu shaboo on Wed, 16/04/03 - 12:05 PM Permalink

maybe you have a working autoback?
no harm in checking.
nannoo nannoo

Submitted by Ninja on Wed, 16/04/03 - 8:42 PM Permalink

heheh thanks for ur help guys !! but i did lose my work because i forgot to turn on incremental files ( how stupid of me :( ) aww wells dats another stupid lesson i learnt !!!

once again thank you.....

you guys r legends =)