Skip to main content

3D Artists Needed!

Forum

Hi All,

I have just put together a team of 11 people in total for a 2 year game development project. I am looking for 3D artists who are proficient in 3DS Max/Lightwave or Maya. The storyboard is almost complete, when it is finalised, it will advance quite smoothly I hope. This is, like most other projects, an independent and unpaid project.

I am looking for dedicated people who are committed, reliable and consistent. You will be working with a brilliant Lead Artist and within a team of many great talents. If you are interested, please email me at yellowdwarf@iprimus.com.au with the subject as "The YellowDwarf Project".

Thanks,

The YellowDwarf

Submitted by yellowdwarf on Fri, 19/03/04 - 1:52 AM Permalink

oh, and if anybody knows anyone who may be interested, please pass this on. I currently have 5 programmers and 2 artists in the team. I'm interested in getting 2 or 3 more people on the team so that the workload is evenly spread.

thanks,

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 21/03/04 - 1:03 PM Permalink

usually 2 or 3 artists are required per coder, depending on the scope of your project of course,..

Submitted by Major Clod on Wed, 31/03/04 - 10:32 PM Permalink

Whats sort of game are you developing. Is it singleplayer or multi? I'm looking for a singleplayer project at the moment.

Submitted by yellowdwarf on Wed, 31/03/04 - 11:34 PM Permalink

Single player to start with. We will add in multiplayer at a later stage if the group votes that it will make it a better game.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 01/04/04 - 12:15 AM Permalink

can i just chuck in my 2 cents - i hope your coders have built a really modulated engine as such.... cos simply building a single player game... then later deciding it will be fun to TURN it into a multiplayer game - is not simply a matter of ADDING it in ;)

I know as i took the " yeah we can change it later approach " and was sorely dissapointed.
So long as your coders allow for this "add in" of multiplayer you should be okay :D

Submitted by yellowdwarf on Thu, 01/04/04 - 12:36 AM Permalink

yea i realise that its not simply an "add in" later on. But, the programmers did all agree on that focusing on a single player game to start off with the best approach.

and yes... I have amazing programmers working with me! :)

Submitted by fiasco on Thu, 01/04/04 - 1:51 AM Permalink

jee-buz 5 Code Monkeys!?!

Submitted by Major Clod on Thu, 01/04/04 - 4:10 AM Permalink

Are you using an already released engine or are you starting from scratch. Have any more details about the design/art of the game?

Submitted by yellowdwarf on Thu, 01/04/04 - 8:37 PM Permalink

We are writing our own engine. What sort of detail are you looking for? If you are interested, and you are based in melbourne, please email me.

Forum

Hi All,

I have just put together a team of 11 people in total for a 2 year game development project. I am looking for 3D artists who are proficient in 3DS Max/Lightwave or Maya. The storyboard is almost complete, when it is finalised, it will advance quite smoothly I hope. This is, like most other projects, an independent and unpaid project.

I am looking for dedicated people who are committed, reliable and consistent. You will be working with a brilliant Lead Artist and within a team of many great talents. If you are interested, please email me at yellowdwarf@iprimus.com.au with the subject as "The YellowDwarf Project".

Thanks,

The YellowDwarf

Submitted by yellowdwarf on Fri, 19/03/04 - 1:52 AM Permalink

oh, and if anybody knows anyone who may be interested, please pass this on. I currently have 5 programmers and 2 artists in the team. I'm interested in getting 2 or 3 more people on the team so that the workload is evenly spread.

thanks,

Submitted by Kalescent on Sun, 21/03/04 - 1:03 PM Permalink

usually 2 or 3 artists are required per coder, depending on the scope of your project of course,..

Submitted by Major Clod on Wed, 31/03/04 - 10:32 PM Permalink

Whats sort of game are you developing. Is it singleplayer or multi? I'm looking for a singleplayer project at the moment.

Submitted by yellowdwarf on Wed, 31/03/04 - 11:34 PM Permalink

Single player to start with. We will add in multiplayer at a later stage if the group votes that it will make it a better game.

Submitted by Kalescent on Thu, 01/04/04 - 12:15 AM Permalink

can i just chuck in my 2 cents - i hope your coders have built a really modulated engine as such.... cos simply building a single player game... then later deciding it will be fun to TURN it into a multiplayer game - is not simply a matter of ADDING it in ;)

I know as i took the " yeah we can change it later approach " and was sorely dissapointed.
So long as your coders allow for this "add in" of multiplayer you should be okay :D

Submitted by yellowdwarf on Thu, 01/04/04 - 12:36 AM Permalink

yea i realise that its not simply an "add in" later on. But, the programmers did all agree on that focusing on a single player game to start off with the best approach.

and yes... I have amazing programmers working with me! :)

Submitted by fiasco on Thu, 01/04/04 - 1:51 AM Permalink

jee-buz 5 Code Monkeys!?!

Submitted by Major Clod on Thu, 01/04/04 - 4:10 AM Permalink

Are you using an already released engine or are you starting from scratch. Have any more details about the design/art of the game?

Submitted by yellowdwarf on Thu, 01/04/04 - 8:37 PM Permalink

We are writing our own engine. What sort of detail are you looking for? If you are interested, and you are based in melbourne, please email me.