Skip to main content

Who do you want interviewed on Sumea?

• In my first and previous post in this game dev log entry, I had written that I wanted to do a game which was a collection of simple retro games. Unity released a new major release (2019.3) while I was putting the initial project together, and I…

• Well, I'm making a game . I'm spending the next few weeks on making a small game to showcase the gamedev log feature on tsumea where any member can create a game entry and other members can post journal posts with art, music or just development…

• Just a test #2. Still working on the new section.

• So, I got a Commodore 64 when I was in the 4th grade. It came bundled with a Rolf Harris picture building program on casette tape which never loaded properly but from what I could tell by its box cover, you could build pictures from a selection…

• Yes, the site looks very different and I've had to prematurely switch to this new theme that I'm working on for a few reasons, the main one is that changing certain aspects of the site to fit the new theme will affect how the old one looks for…

• (this is just a test, please ignore this entry)

Here is some of my old work.. the first pic is of a 3d model of a human head I was working on about 2 years ago in 3dsmax, using nurbs. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't model a head with…

I currently work for

Submitted by souri on
Forum

As the title says, which local developer would you like to be interviewed on Sumea? Who are you interested in finding more about? I'll try and grab them for some 15 or so questions for the site...

Submitted by tbag on Tue, 22/06/04 - 11:08 PM Permalink

How about Blue Tongues CEO Steven Spagnolo?

I always wanted to learn more about Blue Tongue and their plans for the future aswell as why the name Blue Tongue was chosen etc...

I dont know about other people but i just want to see a staff member of Blue Tongue to be interviewed [:)].

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 23/06/04 - 11:22 PM Permalink

It would be cool if you were able to get at least one highish level person from each company for a short interview for the site, we'd have like an encyclopedia of Australian game developers...

Submitted by tbag on Thu, 24/06/04 - 1:33 AM Permalink

Yeah. Hey how about you interview that Sumea owner guy called Souri? I hear he lives in a box and is drunk 90% of the time... [;)]

Anyway, any progress on some interviews? [:p]

Submitted by Barry Dahlberg on Thu, 24/06/04 - 7:49 AM Permalink

I'd like to see one of the NZ crews interviewed for something different...

:)

PS: Go black! Yay!

Submitted by souri on Thu, 24/06/04 - 2:46 PM Permalink

Chris Mosley was the founder of Blue Tongue, so he's probably the person to ask about the company name. He's steering another game developer though called Tribal Ant.

So yeh, an interview with someone from Blue Tongue, Mario Wynands from Sidhe Interactive.. anymore?

Submitted by Kane on Thu, 24/06/04 - 6:26 PM Permalink

How about one of the guys from TwoHeaded here in Tassie. I don't think they are up to much these days, but they worked at Beam back in it's day, so they could probably give an interesting interview...

Just a thought...

Submitted by Barry Dahlberg on Thu, 24/06/04 - 7:41 PM Permalink

Another NZ crew is Binary Star in Auckland, not sure if they'd be keen for an interview or not but that have an interesting projet going. Contacts are on their webpage http://www.binary-star.com/

Submitted by tbag on Fri, 25/06/04 - 1:58 AM Permalink

Yay i get to see an interview with the Blue Tongue founder!

Hey Souri, just wondering how do you manage to go about getting people for interviews? Do you just explain who are you are, your mission, what you provide to the community etc...? (Queer question i know, but worthy enough to be asked i would think.)

Submitted by souri on Fri, 25/06/04 - 2:25 AM Permalink

Well, they all know of Sumea and what it's all about, so I don't really need to explain much at all. I've done a fair bit of questioning for interviews from the agdc 2002 winners, to the art directors/leads for the portfolio article etc so I have had reasonable contact with a lot of developers. And then there're those who visit the site (but don't post much) [;)]

Two Headed - I didn't receive a response from them before, so I'm unsure if they'll even reply.
I'd love to do an article with Team Bondi as well. Brendan McNamara being the director of SCEE's The Getaway etc...

Posted by souri on
Forum

As the title says, which local developer would you like to be interviewed on Sumea? Who are you interested in finding more about? I'll try and grab them for some 15 or so questions for the site...

Submitted by tbag on Tue, 22/06/04 - 11:08 PM Permalink

How about Blue Tongues CEO Steven Spagnolo?

I always wanted to learn more about Blue Tongue and their plans for the future aswell as why the name Blue Tongue was chosen etc...

I dont know about other people but i just want to see a staff member of Blue Tongue to be interviewed [:)].

Submitted by Daemin on Wed, 23/06/04 - 11:22 PM Permalink

It would be cool if you were able to get at least one highish level person from each company for a short interview for the site, we'd have like an encyclopedia of Australian game developers...

Submitted by tbag on Thu, 24/06/04 - 1:33 AM Permalink

Yeah. Hey how about you interview that Sumea owner guy called Souri? I hear he lives in a box and is drunk 90% of the time... [;)]

Anyway, any progress on some interviews? [:p]

Submitted by Barry Dahlberg on Thu, 24/06/04 - 7:49 AM Permalink

I'd like to see one of the NZ crews interviewed for something different...

:)

PS: Go black! Yay!

Submitted by souri on Thu, 24/06/04 - 2:46 PM Permalink

Chris Mosley was the founder of Blue Tongue, so he's probably the person to ask about the company name. He's steering another game developer though called Tribal Ant.

So yeh, an interview with someone from Blue Tongue, Mario Wynands from Sidhe Interactive.. anymore?

Submitted by Kane on Thu, 24/06/04 - 6:26 PM Permalink

How about one of the guys from TwoHeaded here in Tassie. I don't think they are up to much these days, but they worked at Beam back in it's day, so they could probably give an interesting interview...

Just a thought...

Submitted by Barry Dahlberg on Thu, 24/06/04 - 7:41 PM Permalink

Another NZ crew is Binary Star in Auckland, not sure if they'd be keen for an interview or not but that have an interesting projet going. Contacts are on their webpage http://www.binary-star.com/

Submitted by tbag on Fri, 25/06/04 - 1:58 AM Permalink

Yay i get to see an interview with the Blue Tongue founder!

Hey Souri, just wondering how do you manage to go about getting people for interviews? Do you just explain who are you are, your mission, what you provide to the community etc...? (Queer question i know, but worthy enough to be asked i would think.)

Submitted by souri on Fri, 25/06/04 - 2:25 AM Permalink

Well, they all know of Sumea and what it's all about, so I don't really need to explain much at all. I've done a fair bit of questioning for interviews from the agdc 2002 winners, to the art directors/leads for the portfolio article etc so I have had reasonable contact with a lot of developers. And then there're those who visit the site (but don't post much) [;)]

Two Headed - I didn't receive a response from them before, so I'm unsure if they'll even reply.
I'd love to do an article with Team Bondi as well. Brendan McNamara being the director of SCEE's The Getaway etc...