Skip to main content

A sad day for many

Submitted by lorien on

For those who don't know, Katharine Neil (up until last friday audio architect @ atari) is leaving us [:(]. She's moving to France tomorrow morning.

I don't want to say too much about the things she's been up to while here, and I'm not going to say anything about why she's leaving- except that it's not because she's going straight to another games company, but this is (imho) quite a blow- amongst many, many other things she was central to getting freeplay started, and a lot of you have probably met her there. Katharine and I shared an audio/music programming supervisor ages ago when we were both studying in the La Trobe uni music dept.

Best of luck to her in her travels [:)]

Submitted by souri on Wed, 21/09/05 - 11:59 PM Permalink

Best wishes for Katharine. She's been a huge part of Free Play and the organisers are going to have to find someone extraordinary to conitnue what she's done.

Submitted by lorien on Thu, 22/09/05 - 3:42 AM Permalink

Katharine is far too modest. Freeplay is a very small part of the things she's done for everyone- though most people don't know much of it at all because she just doesn't tell anyone [:)]

She's been described as "one in a million" by a project manager in the aus film industry.

Posted by lorien on

For those who don't know, Katharine Neil (up until last friday audio architect @ atari) is leaving us [:(]. She's moving to France tomorrow morning.

I don't want to say too much about the things she's been up to while here, and I'm not going to say anything about why she's leaving- except that it's not because she's going straight to another games company, but this is (imho) quite a blow- amongst many, many other things she was central to getting freeplay started, and a lot of you have probably met her there. Katharine and I shared an audio/music programming supervisor ages ago when we were both studying in the La Trobe uni music dept.

Best of luck to her in her travels [:)]

Submitted by souri on Wed, 21/09/05 - 11:59 PM Permalink

Best wishes for Katharine. She's been a huge part of Free Play and the organisers are going to have to find someone extraordinary to conitnue what she's done.

Submitted by lorien on Thu, 22/09/05 - 3:42 AM Permalink

Katharine is far too modest. Freeplay is a very small part of the things she's done for everyone- though most people don't know much of it at all because she just doesn't tell anyone [:)]

She's been described as "one in a million" by a project manager in the aus film industry.