Skip to main content

Sumea Modeller Challenge #9 - caseyjones

Submitted by caseyjones on

Sumea Modeller Challenge 09 - God of War

Hades

Description:

Reserved for a quick description of my concept. Will fill in later.

My progress:

23-07-2007

-caseyjones

Submitted by caseyjones on Mon, 23/07/07 - 11:25 AM Permalink

Okay, so I've finally decided to enter this comp. I've been sketching all of last week and most of today. Had done a bunch of thumbnails, quick sketches, speed paints, tests, blah blah!

I've currently started more of an anatomy study for Hades (yes its a she! Decided to mix it up a bit)... So I apologise for the nakedness. I'll be spending the rest of the week trying to dress her up in all sorts of crazy sh*t and tweaking some of the proportions some more. But figured I'd post something to get some advice on what else I can do to pimp this bitch.

My current plans:

- Crapload of chains!

- Molten cracks throughout the feet and legs

- Firey hair

- Leather armour

- Spikes

- Rough up the skin some more (boils, scars, slime, etc)

-caseyjones

Submitted by Killa Dee on Mon, 23/07/07 - 2:11 PM Permalink

great stuff, arhh the darkside very cool... the skin wrinkles look good, have u seen Pans labyrinth? the Pale man may give u some inspiration. Killa Dee2007-07-23 04:19:16

Submitted by shika on Mon, 23/07/07 - 2:40 PM Permalink

HOT

Strong concept so far, she's a very creepy character!

I dig the lava/fire theme idea(lava zombie queen?). Take it easy with the armor and clothing though, you could easily lose her creepy essence.

Submitted by faultymoose on Tue, 24/07/07 - 6:41 AM Permalink

Really strong concept. I'm a fan of the masculine face upon a feminine (albeit decrepit) body. The teeth along the jawline is also really visually interesting, and menacing.

Submitted by Jason on Tue, 24/07/07 - 8:25 AM Permalink

Nice start! Looking forward to seeing your list come into a full concept :)

Submitted by caseyjones on Thu, 26/07/07 - 10:51 AM Permalink

Killa Dee: Thanks dude and no, I haven't seen Pan's Labyrinth yet, though I do plan on doing so soon. So I'll have a look out for that.

shika: Glad you like it dude, that's a total compliment coming from you. I really appreciate it. You're totally right about the armour possibly making the character less creepy (its really apparent with the first paintover... Hades looks like a ditsy undead cheerleader or something). I've managed a quick paintover with a few ideas, but still far from happy.

faultymoose: Thanks for the kind words dude and I'm glad you like it. Its weird that the whole concept actually started with the teeth along the jawline and worked downwards from there.

Jason: Thanks man, I too am looking forward to seeing it come together. Though I'm still a fair bit off. Slowly but surely.

And now, a small update:

So far, I only really like the 3rd iteration, mainly the ashen legs with lava cracks, the neck brace and some of the thigh guards (mainly the 2 chains that connect from one guard to the other).

Hopefully I'll get a chance to do a few more paintovers tonight so I can get a start on the base mesh. But still a good while away from the modelling process.

-caseyjones

Submitted by darkhunter22 on Tue, 31/07/07 - 5:40 AM Permalink

shes lookin nasty dude, cant wait for more progress!

Posted by caseyjones on

Sumea Modeller Challenge 09 - God of War

Hades

Description:

Reserved for a quick description of my concept. Will fill in later.

My progress:

23-07-2007

-caseyjones

Submitted by caseyjones on Mon, 23/07/07 - 11:25 AM Permalink

Okay, so I've finally decided to enter this comp. I've been sketching all of last week and most of today. Had done a bunch of thumbnails, quick sketches, speed paints, tests, blah blah!

I've currently started more of an anatomy study for Hades (yes its a she! Decided to mix it up a bit)... So I apologise for the nakedness. I'll be spending the rest of the week trying to dress her up in all sorts of crazy sh*t and tweaking some of the proportions some more. But figured I'd post something to get some advice on what else I can do to pimp this bitch.

My current plans:

- Crapload of chains!

- Molten cracks throughout the feet and legs

- Firey hair

- Leather armour

- Spikes

- Rough up the skin some more (boils, scars, slime, etc)

-caseyjones

Submitted by Killa Dee on Mon, 23/07/07 - 2:11 PM Permalink

great stuff, arhh the darkside very cool... the skin wrinkles look good, have u seen Pans labyrinth? the Pale man may give u some inspiration. Killa Dee2007-07-23 04:19:16

Submitted by shika on Mon, 23/07/07 - 2:40 PM Permalink

HOT

Strong concept so far, she's a very creepy character!

I dig the lava/fire theme idea(lava zombie queen?). Take it easy with the armor and clothing though, you could easily lose her creepy essence.

Submitted by faultymoose on Tue, 24/07/07 - 6:41 AM Permalink

Really strong concept. I'm a fan of the masculine face upon a feminine (albeit decrepit) body. The teeth along the jawline is also really visually interesting, and menacing.

Submitted by Jason on Tue, 24/07/07 - 8:25 AM Permalink

Nice start! Looking forward to seeing your list come into a full concept :)

Submitted by caseyjones on Thu, 26/07/07 - 10:51 AM Permalink

Killa Dee: Thanks dude and no, I haven't seen Pan's Labyrinth yet, though I do plan on doing so soon. So I'll have a look out for that.

shika: Glad you like it dude, that's a total compliment coming from you. I really appreciate it. You're totally right about the armour possibly making the character less creepy (its really apparent with the first paintover... Hades looks like a ditsy undead cheerleader or something). I've managed a quick paintover with a few ideas, but still far from happy.

faultymoose: Thanks for the kind words dude and I'm glad you like it. Its weird that the whole concept actually started with the teeth along the jawline and worked downwards from there.

Jason: Thanks man, I too am looking forward to seeing it come together. Though I'm still a fair bit off. Slowly but surely.

And now, a small update:

So far, I only really like the 3rd iteration, mainly the ashen legs with lava cracks, the neck brace and some of the thigh guards (mainly the 2 chains that connect from one guard to the other).

Hopefully I'll get a chance to do a few more paintovers tonight so I can get a start on the base mesh. But still a good while away from the modelling process.

-caseyjones

Submitted by darkhunter22 on Tue, 31/07/07 - 5:40 AM Permalink

shes lookin nasty dude, cant wait for more progress!