Skip to main content

gaming degree versitility

ive recently received my atar and is now weighing up my options. im considering doing a gaming degree at uni but im heard that you cannot do much with it outside the gaming industry. can anyone back this claim?

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 27/01/10 - 4:45 PM Permalink

I would recommend against doing a purely games degree, I got an Art job in a games company after Multimedia Courses, and a couple of years Freelancing at Advertising Industries.

I think I am in a better place then others, as if I loose this job, or simply get bored with it, there are other industries that would still be fun.

ive recently received my atar and is now weighing up my options. im considering doing a gaming degree at uni but im heard that you cannot do much with it outside the gaming industry. can anyone back this claim?

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 27/01/10 - 4:45 PM Permalink

I would recommend against doing a purely games degree, I got an Art job in a games company after Multimedia Courses, and a couple of years Freelancing at Advertising Industries.

I think I am in a better place then others, as if I loose this job, or simply get bored with it, there are other industries that would still be fun.